Do you have proven track record of building robust Java application? Are you confident at interactively refining user requirements and removing any ambiguity? Do you want to design and build best-in-class, enterprise scale applications using the latest technologies?
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to:
• design, plan and deliver sustainable solutions using modern programming languages
• provide technology solutions that will solve business problems and strengthen our position as digital leaders in financial services
• providing technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing applications
• collaborate to refine user requirements though test-driven development (TDD)
• perform code reviews and share results with colleagues
• see that proper operational controls and procedures are implemented to process move from test to production
You’ll be working in the Group Technology Product Suitability team in Hong Kong. We provide software capability services to business divisions of the UBS group. Together as team, we provide solutions to unique business/market requirements in line with the established Corporate IT Standards. As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll play an important role in software delivery adhering the standard for business benefits.
- excellent knowledge of Java language and J2EE technologies, preferably with 7+ yrs of experience as Java Developer/Software Engineer role in banking/ Financial Service Industry
- expert of Websphere Application Developer (WSAD), Rational Application Developer (RAD) or Eclipse
- proficiency in framework development, Java Unit Testing (JUnit)
- XML and architecture skills including Design-/J2EE-Patterns and UML Modeling
- experience with Agile methodologies, Apache / Tomcat / Maven and PL/SQL knowledge
- Operating System Linux / Scripting knowledge
- strong risk management mindset
- experienced in leading and coaching other developers on software development best practises in a demanding team-based environment
- able to perform tasks beyond your assignment to help the bank to deliver with better efficiency
- experienced working with remote, multi-national and multi-cultural team
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.