Senior Manager - Human Resources Partner
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Manulife Hong Kong
- 22 mai 18 2018-05-22
Senior Manager - Human Resources Partner
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The incumbent is a strategic Human Resources partner for MIL, Hong Kong working effectively with the Business Leaders in the allotted portfolios and their teams to drive competitive advantage for Manulife's business in Hong Kong.
Reporting to the CHRO, MIL the position is accountable for driving the people strategy, advising and building effective talent pipelines. The role is also accountable for facilitating a culture where individual and collective success is both inevitable and sustainable, and helps build a world class team and culture.
The position will partner with colleagues within the regional, and country human resources team to effectively and efficiently support business needs and deliver a coordinated and focused "one HR" service to the customers of HR.
- Strategic HR partner to the allotted portfolios in MIL, Hong Kong: drive people strategy, and execute strategic people priorities for the country - enabling great employee experience, best employer in employee engagement, industry leader in nurturing talent, developing world-class leaders and building leadership reflective of our customer & employee base.
- Be the face of HR to the allotted portfolios in MILs leadership teams ensuring HR services and resources are delivered seamlessly and in a customer centric way to support acquisition, retention and engagement of employees in line with business needs.
- Develop and drive appropriate HR transformation and change management plans within the allotted portfolios in support of the company's strategy and priorities.
- Champion the benefits of the Manulife's operating model and lead the shift to a manager/employee self-service philosophy ensuring the appropriate provision of tools, training and change management.
- Ensure effective organizational effectiveness metrics are in place and are executed against consistently including appropriate spans of control, organizational layers and managerial efficiency.
- Ensures full compliance to and policies within local jurisdictions.
- Partner with the leadership team in the allotted portfolios to drive a high performance culture by facilitating
- World class leadership interventions, performance management and employee engagement.
- Integrates innovative HR practices into "business as usual"
- Understands and leverages the impact of new technologies and social trends on effective people practices.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in HR roles with demonstrated understanding and execution of integrated people solutions to support high performing businesses.
- Successful experience in the global financial services industry preferred & working effectively within a matrixed environment.
- Degree level education with secondary professional qualification in Human Resources or related disciplines.
- Self- starter with positive attitude; an optimist.
- Strong team player who values and actively practices effective and collaborative relationship management.
- Intellectually strong; having a compelling point of view and capable of articulating people solutions in a commercial language.
- Resilient and comfortable working and leading in a changing and dynamic environment.
- Strong understanding of the changing HR environment, best practices and emerging trends.
- Ability to manage competing demands of their role and to prioritize initiatives and activities in a seamless way.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Highly effective at translating strategy into execution.
- Delivers on commitments and expectations
- Genuine commitment and desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Strong analytical skills with a focus on key issues, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of appropriate HR and industry legislation/practices and the ability to apply this knowledge.
- Strong passion and commitment to positively differentiated customer service and commitment to operational excellence.
- Excellent influencing and conflict management skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships, and achieve business results through others.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.