Senior Manager, Performance Management, HK
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Assist in setting strategy, direction, objectives for performance management in Hong Kong
- Assist the implementation of business plans in Hong Kong
- Engage in the IR and interim and year end reporting process
- Involve in the annual budget and 5-year plan process
- Perform competitor analysis for peer group performance
- Prepare materials for internal and external presentations such as HKMA meetings, investors' trip, etc
- Monitor the PSFTP system and system implementation
- Assist to manage people in own area of experts through resourcing, retention, development and team building
- Provides management commentary on policy issues affecting the Country & Business
- Monitors major business as usual and project expenditure against budget and project plans in Country
- Promotes and maintains relationships, both internally and externally to keep abreast of business changes and innovations, and to ensure compliance with local regulatory requirements
- To make sure results are delivered on a timely basis
- To make recommendations on reporting, accounting and control issues and procedures
A) Complexity :
Due to the unprecedented changes in Hong Kong's business environment, the job holder has to assist the Financial Controller in ensuring the delivery of a robust management function, thereby contributing towards the delivery of 'value-added services' to the Bank.
B) Judgement :
i. Accounting treatment for complex transactions
ii. Adequacy of control procedures
iii. Compliance with Group Policies
iv. Appropriateness of systems and procedures in place
C) Decision making
i. To make adjustments to the management returns as and when required.
ii. To make recommendations on reporting, accounting and control issues and procedures
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.