Senior Manager, Regulatory Reporting
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- The successful applicant will initially be leading the completion of a regional regulatory reporting project - ensuring the delivery of consolidated HKMA regulatory returns (other than capital and liquidity reporting) in the region; establishment of target operating model covering the governance and processes to integrate into the BAU process of the HK regulatory reporting process.
- Other key responsibilities of the successful candidate in the BAU team upon the completion of the regional project are:-
- As one of the team leads to manage the HKMA Regulatory Reporting function for Hong Kong and ensure timely and accurate delivery of all regular and ad-hoc submissions (other than capital and liquidity reporting) to the HKMA.
- To promote the Bank's reputation and relationship with regulatory authorities.
- To maintain good relationships with Group Internal Audit and external auditors when dealing with related audit matters.
- To manage regulatory reporting process including the interactions with stakeholders within and outside Finance (including relevant regional counterparts), and ensure an effective and efficient internal control system is in place for the returns submission function, and reporting requirements and completion guidelines set by regulatory bodies are complied with.
- To manage new or changes in regulatory reporting requirements from the HKMA - leading the gap, reviewing / providing feedback in consultation papers, coordinating the execution steps in implementing the changes.
- To improve efficiency and quality of reporting to the HKMA - which includes maintenance and enhancement of LRR platform (automated regulatory return compilation system), any relevant EUCs' and introducing or enhancing any necessary control steps
- To provide advice and support to internal stakeholders on regulatory reporting related matters.
- To assist in ad hoc Finance projects and contribute from a regulatory reporting perspective.
- Qualified accountant with solid experience in running the regulatory reporting function
- Hands-on knowledge in banking returns and regulatory reporting systems / processes - in particular knowledge on Banking (Exposure Limits) Rules, Mainland Related Lending, International Banking Statistics, etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability and confident in interacting with regulators, internal senior stakeholders, peer teams within and outside finance and regional counterparts
- People leadership
- Strong analytical skills and data skills
- Experience in change management would be a plus
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.