Senior Manager, Storage & Backup Engineer
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Manulife Hong Kong
- 15 nov. 18
Senior Manager, Storage & Backup Engineer
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
- The candidate will be working for the Enterprise Technology Services, to provide BAU tasks & Project support for Asia Storage & Backup functions across all platforms (On-Premise, In-Country, and Outsource). In addition to govern all Storage & Backup related activities amongst On-Premise, In-Country, and Outsource.
- Administer On-Premise, & In-Country Storage & Backup infrastructure covering SAN storage/replication, NAS storage, EMC Avamar/ProtectPoint/AppSync software and Data Domain/Unity/XtremIO, Cisco MDS, Veeam VCC, Veeam B&R etc.
- Administer Cloud based Storage & Backup infrastructure covering Microsoft Azure cloud, Microsoft StorSimple, Microsoft ASR, etc.
- Provide L2 technical support for incidents and problem resolution
- Drafting, & updating L1 recovery operational procedure for 24x7 operation team
- Follow up with 3rd party vendors for firmware/patching assessment, & change/incident/problem review
- Create, maintain backup policies, perform backup and restore, troubleshooting, & reporting
- Support Storage & Backup integration with Databases (DB2, MSSQL, & Oracle) & multiple Middleware
- Create, maintain, and review operational and technical documentation
- Monitoring of all Storage & Backup Hardware/Software
- Proactively identify risk for existing areas.
- Provide suggestion of improvement for existing areas.
- Plan and perform change activity following change management policy and process
- Create monthly/quarterly/annual Storage & Backup utilization and performance reports
- Maintain backup inventory
- Participate in the annual DR drills for all Datacenters
- Power Shell scripting
- Effectively collaborate with Server/Cloud/Databases/Middleware/Network/Data Center/Service Delivery/Project teams
- Provide 24x7 on-call support
- Work on holiday/weekend for planned change/unplanned INC/DR Drill/Project cut-over
- Degree holder in IT, or relevant area
- At least 5-10 years of infrastructure working experience in a regional level
- Experience with EMC/Hitachi/NetApp storage, EMC/Veeam/Veritas backup, Cisco/Broadcom/Brocade SAN switch
- Knowledge of Operating Systems: AIX, Linux, UNIX, & Windows
- Knowledge of Cloud Storage & Backup techniques and technologies
- Knowledge of Databases & Middleware related Storage & Backup integration, techniques, and technologies
- Holder of ITIL/PMP certification will be advanced.
- Proven incident/problem analysis and solving skills
- Must be a good team player
- Strong communication skills in English (and Cantonese be advanced)
If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.