Purpose of the role
The role focus on broadening and deepening client relationships, enhancing our firm’s position in the market and identifying and driving pursuits to increase our win rate on major and strategic opportunities.
The role involves working closely with the Global Relationship Partners (GRPs) on 2-3 of the firm’s top priority clients to help develop client relationships, identify opportunities and maximise revenue.
This will also involve working with partners and staff to support them in building their business relationships, building networks within the firm to ensure the right expertise is brought together to meet the clients’ needs, and also working closely with the Market Leader to determine areas of focus, business development activities and provide strong support on pursuits in strategic proposals.
Specifically, the role involves:
- Deepening and broadening client relationships, facilitating whole of firm relationships
- Identifying and supporting strategic pursuits – from identification to conversion
- Driving client feedback and ensuring that we are maximising the client experience
- Driving global account fundamentals – ensuring we are strategically working together as a team to driving a client centric approach on the account
- Delivering the annual global client planning workshop
- Works with global relationship partner and other partners/staff on the account team to build relationships with client stakeholders including introducing new relationships, maintaining relationships and driving the team to increase the number of strategic meetings.
- Identify opportunities in new areas, helping to drive the proposal process as appropriate.
- Ensure account infrastructure is in place and functioning appropriately – e.g. account team meetings; opportunity tracking and revenue reporting; client events/regular touch points; follow up on opportunities
- Follow up on opportunities with clients to ensure proposals are submitted on time; appropriate expertise is being deployed and deadlines are being met
- Acts as a central point of contact for the account team globally, helping the team across the region engage with the client in strategically defined areas; supports effective communication across the account team regionally – e.g. through developing account communications; ensuring information is shared
- Manages ongoing client feedback process
- Designs/manages delivery of the annual global client planning workshop
Mandatory experience and skills:
- Educated to at least degree level
- At least 10 years’ relevant work experience
- Understanding of Southeast Asia and European markets in addition to Mainland China and HK
- Understanding of effective account/ relationship management/ opportunity management and pursuit processes
- Experience working in Financial Services or Insurance markets
- Fluent English. Chinese/Mandarin and Cantonese (nice to have) (speaking, reading and writing)
- Attention to details with high standard in quality of work
- Good presentation skills
- Outgoing personality with well-developed social and persuasive skills
- Flexible, adaptable, resilient and self-motivated
- Team player
- Curiosity and hunger to learn – interest in building their understanding of the firm and its services, and in building their career in the region’s – and the world’s – largest professional services firm.
- Experience with Salesforce to drive team usage and to pull reports
- Skills in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
Nice to have
- Existing network of contacts that can be leveraged
- Understanding of professional services firms (either through experience of working in one or by being a client of one)
- Understanding of PwC
- Project management skills