Senior Network Engineer (Investment bank, perm)
- Competitive Salary Package
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- IT Consulting Solutions
- 12 nov. 18
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer (VP level, permanent position) for a top-tier investment bank client. The firm provides a full range of investment banking, sales, trading, research and strategy across the spectrum of equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, futures, commodities and select asset and wealth management strategies, in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
- Responsible for configuration, management, sustainability, day-to-day operations and support of current and next generation global networking infrastructure with careful regard to availability, connectivity, performance, and security.
- Plan changes on network devices/systems, with an end-to-end approach based on engineering defined standards and best practices. This includes creation of configuration and associated approval requests, implementation of the changes, and user acceptance.
- Work independently and as part of a team to urgently analyze and troubleshoot escalated issues from Tier II, train and provide technical training to Tier I & II Technician; Act as Tier III support for firewalls, load balancers, routing, and switching. Efficiently troubleshoot/prioritize issues and create a culture of root cause analysis.
- Liaise with global infrastructure and security teams based in New York and London as well as local vendors to oversee all facets of infrastructure technology in Asia. The successful candidate will leverage the global resources to support the environment and achieve both local and global initiatives
- Work with the Asia incident response team to resolve network related incidents. On wider outages, co-ordinate across global infrastructure teams to ensure focus and communication of the incident until it is concluded to resolution
- 7+ years hands on experience with various Cisco platforms including but not limited to Nexus Series (5k/7k/9k), Catalyst Switches, ISR Routers, and network management tools
- Mastery of enterprise routing and switching including (but not limited to): BGP, MPLS, EIGRP, OSPF, VPC, 802.1Q, ether-channel, STP, RSTP, VTP, QoS, ACLs
- Extremely proficient with network troubleshooting tools (sniffer, syslog, NetFlow, TCPDUMP, Wireshark etc.)
- Significant experience with Palo Alto, Juniper, Checkpoint firewalls along with Riverbed and F5 load balancers
- Understanding of optical networking, WAN acceleration, and different WAN automation technologies
- Expert level Knowledge of wireless technologies standards and protocols. Cisco WLAN and ISE specific experience desired
- A good understanding of remote access technologies including Citrix, IPSec VPN, and Direct Access to provide internal users with anytime anywhere accessibility to business applications
- Experience managing and deployment of large scale multicast architecture for trading applications
- A high-level knowledge or the interest in learning more about the other infrastructure components including cloud, storage, servers, telecoms and desktop
- Self-disciplined, self-starter who can provide leadership and mentor others while resolving complex incidents and delivering projects
- Working knowledge of ITL processes, specifically Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management
- Ability to be called upon 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Proficiency in English (native/fluent level) and Cantonese (highly desirable)
- CCIE,CCNP and CISSP Certifications considered a plus