Senior Officer, Finance
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
Act as one of the company's Expense Business Partners and manage the expense for the assigned departments with an objective to deliver company's growth and investment strategy. The incumbent of this role works closely with management to analyze in detail the company's spend on business initiatives and recommend management actions, to prepare & evaluate the impact on financial metrics, and to support an effective and transparent budget planning process that aligns with the company's strategic and financial targets.
- Support month-end and year-end closing process, including expense provision & accrual, expense allocation, expense variance computation and analysis etc.
- Act as Expense Business Partner for the assigned departments, provide recommendations to management team to manage expenses by performing robust expense analysis through understanding of expenses drivers, highlighting the implication of expense movements, co-ordinate on expense budget and forecasting exercise.
- Produce expense report for management and PCA include presentation decks, actual packs, expense commentary and address other ad-hoc queries.
- Support improvement plans on expense management process, and provide assistance to new project initiatives as required.
- Bachelor degree majoring in Accounting/Finance or related fields
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in financial industry
- Proficiency in MS excel and PowerPoint, knowledge of Macro is highly preferred
- Excellent analytical skill with ability to multi-task and be flexible in adapting to changing priorities
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and spoken English and Chinese