This role is to manage a team of 15 Test Engineers who specialise in Quality Engineering and Development Testing. The role will provide technical leadership to the team in terms of selecting the appropriate tools as well as a designing a technical pathway for the testing and quality assurance process. A strong technical understanding is very much required in the role, the QA Engineering team will support an extremely large greenfield software development program of work, to develop the next generation trading systems.
- Review the current QA Engineering processes and design a clear Testing and QA strategy
- Take ownership of the development test approach including the test environment
- Establish measurable individual and team metrics that are aligned with the Programme goals
- Review the testing approach including assessing the quality of the testing by reviewing scripts and the utilisation of testing tools
- Liaise with other teams/department including UAT teams and DevOps
- Stakeholder management of multiple projects concurrently
- To implement, manage, control, and continuously improve the testing processes, including all milestones, deliverables and quality objectives in compliance with the defined test strategy, test standards and test templates.
- Manage key testing deliverables including detailed test plans, test schedules, test scenarios, test cases and scripts with traceability to requirements
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of experience in software/ system quality (or testing)
- 5+ years management experience in leading teams and building relationships with people at a variety of levels
- Experience in Whitebox testing
- Experience working in large-scale and complex systems environment and demonstrated ability to deliver large scale test projects on time and with quality
- Detailed understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, QA process, methodologies, and best practices
- Strong test analysis skill and presentation skill to define and present test strategies and technical information that establishes rapport and influencing at teams
- Undertake continuous process improvement with strong knowledge of development and systems quality assurance
- Hands on experience on the following, but not limited to: automation testing, Selenium, Jenkins, JIRA, Bitbucket, etc.
- Experience in software development with a detailed understanding of the SDLC
- Strong communication skills in English
Please Send your CV in word format to email@example.com and put “Senior QA & Test Engineering Manager” in the subject heading.