Senior System Analyst (Data Engineer), Information Technology
Established in Asia in 2013 with a trailblazer mentality, FWD is the primary insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group (PCG), with minority shareholders Swiss Re Group, GIC Ventures, RRJ Capital and Hopu Investments.
FWD spans 10 markets in Asia including Hong Kong SAR & Macau SAR, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan, Malaysia and Cambodia. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. We focus on creating fresh customer experiences and making the insurance journey simpler, faster and smoother, with innovative propositions and easy-to-understand products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to be a leading pan-Asian insurer by changing the way people feel about insurance.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. The Job
- Responsible for system design, development and support of data platform
- Involve in project lifecycle including user requirement collection, analysis and solution design, development, SIT, UAT, documentation and ongoing support
- Establish standards of the data platform to support the evolving data-driven business
- Support Data Governance tools and process to govern the data within Data Lake
- Coordinate with business parties and IT Application team on testing and system deployment arrangement
- Assist team lead in project management
- Manage external vendors and lead a small team to achieve designated initiatives
- Provide BAU support services
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 6 years' related to data platform working experience, candidate with more experience will be considered as Senior System Analyst position
- Experience in ETL, data management, data pipeline and data mart implementation
- Proficient in SQL and Python
- Working knowledge of ETL (Talend, Informatica), Hadoop/Hortonworks
- Preferably with good knowledge of data management best practices
- Experience in Waterfall/Agile Scrum software development approaches
- Good communication skills, able to work with user departments and vendors
- Good analytical mind and problem solving skills
- Good team player, self-initiative and pro-active
- Able to work under pressure
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.