Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Commercial Banking - Global Trade and Receivables Finance
Hang Seng's Commercial Banking business provides customized one-stop financial solutions to our corporate customers, from prime small and medium-sized businesses to publicly listed companies.
For customers conducting business locally or around the world, we offer a comprehensive range of services including corporate lending, trade and receivables finance, structured loan, cash management, investment, treasury services, insurance and e-Banking services. As a reliable financial partner, we attend to the specific business needs of our customers and provide efficient tailor-made banking solutions through our relationship managers and dedicated specialists.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Senior Transaction Services Officer. Principal responsibilities
- Responsible for the provision of excellent trade services to customers through efficient execution of transactions, including but not limited to checking and handling of L/C, remittance, bank guarantee, export and import documentations/loans;
- Provide professional advice to and resolve discrepancies in documents/application with related parties;
- Work with Relationship Managers/Trade Relationship Managers /Customer Services team to provide tailor-made trade solution to customers and resolve any issues;
- Assist in monitoring day-to-day trade processing quality, managing transactions workflow, handling customer enquiries and assisting team members to meet service pledge;
- Participate in ongoing identification of process improvement initiatives, User Acceptance Test for system enhancement and implementation related to trade finance operations;
- Execute all operational and control guidelines/procedures with full compliance;
- Liaise with internal and external counterparties for queries relating to the transaction;
- Be customer centric and manage effectively from clients and stakeholders on trade technical query and/or documentary checking status; provide solutions and/or recommendations;
- Act as mentor to coach and train up junior staff within the team;
- Strive to meet performance goals as set
- Associate Degree / Higher Diploma or above, holder of CDCS/CSDG/CITF is an advantage;
- Minimum 3 years' work experience in handling trade related processes, for example: letters of credit, Trade loans, bank guarantee and bills checking;
- Good knowledge of Trade and/or Receivables Finance;
- Good communication and analytical skills, with self-motivation and ability to work under pressure;
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese, fluency in Putonghua an advantage;
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective operation processes
Fresh graduate or candidate with less experience may be considered as Transaction Services Officer.
If you would like to explore other opportunities at Hang Seng Hong Kong, please visit www.hangseng.com/careers/ for details.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.