Senior Vice President, Project Management, Consumer Banking
The Project Group Manager is accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads and directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management of significant projects; manages a department, product or process with a large amount of independence.
- Develops and exercises business plans, policies and procedures and may also be responsible for various projects to improve efficiencies.
- Identifies stakeholders and key organizations and build and manage relationships.
- Directs the creation of multiple projects of work and manage their alignment to business goals.
- Leads the facilitation, coordination, and arbitration of cross functional macro level topics within/across projects and with Senior Management.
- Leads the identification and drive resolution of issues, including those outside established projects of work with stakeholders to ensure project scope definition.
- Meets business objectives and work with project sponsor to ensure business case/cost benefit analysis is in line with business objectives.
- Drives adherence to project processes, procedures, methods, and standards for project delivery and leverage across the project.
- Assists project team in negotiating for resources owned by other departments in order ensure the project can be completed.
- Directs the communication of status, issue, and risk disposition to all stakeholders, including Senior Management, on a timely basis.
- Directs the identification of risks which impact project delivery and ensure mitigation strategies are developed and executed when necessary.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years of experience
- Technical expert and known internally and externally as reliable, knowledgeable resource.
- Clear understanding of Citi's' different businesses and the related economics.
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - HK
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .