See job description for details
Morgan Stanley Firmwide Sourcing (FWS) is looking for a sourcing professional to join its Asia sourcing team with primary focus for IT and Non-IT sourcing activities within North Asia countries (China, South Korea and Taiwan). Candidate should have strong sourcing background and experience within North Asia and also possess a solid understanding of the wider Asia region. The role will be based in Hong Kong and reports to the Head of Asia IT Sourcing.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate highly effective oral and written communication skills in both Chinese (Mandarin) and English, an ability to work independently and have an understanding of the vendors, regulatory and industry practices within their responsible countries. The role shall foster regional/global consistency where possible, by executing the following key responsibilities:
- Primarily responsibility for all sourcing activities in China, South Korea and Taiwan.
- Day-to-day involvement in contractual and commercial matters and issues arising within the areas of responsibility. This will include, but not limited to, tender preparation, bid analysis, contract preparation and award, contract negotiation and administration, vendor management and external representation of the sourcing function.
- Knowledge of competitive opportunities within the all assigned categories and identify operational and cost savings to benefit the Firm.
- Working either autonomously or closely with business partners to develop sourcing strategies and lead commercial negotiations with vendors on a local or regional basis.
- Enhance the credibility of the function by working closely with internal business partners whilst demonstrating the highest standards of professionalism and commercial/legal expertise.
- Foster a positive team environment encompassing all job categories and functions within the Firm. KEY INTERNAL/EXTERNAL CONTACTS
Depending on the project or contract, the Sourcing Manager will interface with various internal business partners and vendors. The individual must be adept and comfortable to liaise with,
Senior Stakeholders, Legal and Compliance, Finance and Tax, Vendor etc. PRIMARY DUTIES
(List the major functions, tasks, assignments, and/or responsibilities of the job and the percentage of time involved.)
- Support the team Head in achieving the team?s goals and objectives.
- Provide recommendations on sourcing strategy and to advise best practice based on local market conditions across the various requirements in the country.
- Covering IT and Non-Sourcing categories.
- Manage the full RFP lifecyle to include drafting the documentation, evaluation/analysis phases, bidder interviews, negotiations etc.
- Develop/review scope documents and agreements.
- Develop appropriate pricing strategy to secure competitive terms for future purchases.
- Negotiate with vendors from both a financial and legal contract term perspective .
- Liaise with in-house Legal and ensure contracts executed within the project timelines.
- Provide weekly activity and savings reporting.
- Prepare project status/update documentation in accordance with the Firm's requirements.
- Utilize Ariba eSourcing and other Firm systems.
- Perform other services and support ad-hoc projects as required.
- Align with category lead on project initiatives and execute on country level. Qualifications:
Level of Education
Bachelors Degree Area of Concentration/
Major Course of Study Business (or other related degree programs)
(Type and # of Years)
Experience 5-10 years e xperience in strategic sourcing, contract negotiation
Proven success sourcing in countries across the Asia region preferred
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills in Chinese and English (Mandarin is a must).
- Strong analytical, writing and critical thinking skills ? successful candidate must be able to analyze offers, business cases (including financial reports), processes and present a summary quantifying differences in a clear concise manner.
- Effective communication to lead/influence a diverse group of people (cross-cultural).
- Organizational and project management skills.
- Sound knowledge of industry and sourcing experience in the key Asia Pac locations.
- Ability to handle pressure and multi-tasking, proactive with strong negotiation skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where priorities can change quickly.
- General understanding of regulatory and tax requirements within the Asia region, with an in-depth understanding of the Chinese market.
- Ability to manage escalation and provide resolution.
- Be innovative in seeking alternate solution(s) and create competitive advantage.
- High degree of business acumen
- Ability to work autonomously and as a strong team player
- Banking experience is preferred but not mandatory
- Cost/operation analysis; expense control
PC proficiency: Word, Excel & Powerpoint
Working knowledge of Ariba (Sourcing and Procurement)