Support analyst Fixed Income and Currencies - Information Technology Hong Kong
- Manages users' requests and incidents flows by gathering the information from the different communication channels (trading floor live interaction; email; phone). Deliver IT Support services relying on ITIL framework and core processes
- Interact directly with the traders, leads investigations to resolve problems, and cope with a wide range of applications to support. Have strong UNIX, SQL and scripting skills to check system errors and logs, automate monitoring, detect weak points and processes, involve the DEV team in building solutions or improving the core chain used by the business activity
- Uses technical skills to assist in building effective monitoring systems by using the information system's monitoring tools. Ensures tools are in line with our needs and takes initiatives to improve their efficiency. Engage and improve the Follow-the-Sun model and leverage on our global setup working closely with our Paris and New York offices
- Help the team building a strong tooling to help monitoring the production environment as well as managing team tasks
- Hold a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or similar
- Strong interest in automating for repetitive and none value added tasks (Python, Windows batch, Unix scripting, other languages)
- Basic understanding and appetite in object-oriented design and development (Java, C#)
- Basic knowledge in database programming including dealing with SQL.
- Basic knowledge on operating systems including Unix and Windows
- Fast learner, and strong willingness level up on banking business and technical knowledge
- Good "team-player" mindset helping to promote team spirit
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in an international and distributed team environment
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and follow through all tasks to completion
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract. Business Insight
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients' projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong - a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group - we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
You will join the Development team building and providing IT solutions for the Front Office in the FX Options and Structure Products space. Based on the trading floor, the team provides an agile development capability across the full chain including pricing, deal processing, pnl & risks.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 200008BM
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: 02/07/2020
Date of publication: 12/05/2020