TRAINEE: COO Assistant
- Hong Kong
- Stage, Plein-temps
- Societe Generale
- 20 janv. 18 2018-01-20
TRAINEE: COO Assistant
SG CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Societe Generale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia.SG CIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
The candidate will join Global Market Chief Operating Officer (COO) team. The team is in charge of ensuring optimal alignment between the Front Office and the other functions of the bank, covering multiple areas, such as business development and IT projects, governance, operational risk or business conduct.
The candidate will assist the more senior members of the team in supervising and assisting trading and sales activities, and supporting their management. The position will mainly focus on Fixed Income and Currencies markets and cover all the Front Office desks in the region.
- Assist in Sales Credit and Sales activity reports
- Support the sales COOs for medium long term project
- Support Traders, Sales and Head of desks on daily requests and ad-hoc issues
- Work closely with Support Functions
- Enhance current operational risk monitoring process
- Participates to the business planning process
- Ensures proper booking of Sales credit and MARK profit sharing rules
- Monitor the sales efficiency and strengthen the usage of iC
- Support COO Fixed Income team and Front Office for business plans, NPC and suitability committee
- Answers to specific trade-related question regarding rules to be applied or client suitability
- Helps to monitor the Permanent Supervision (PS), performs COO's PS or makes sure PS is performed by Sales (FBK, MIFID controls, mandates, etc.). Ensures as well the Business Line realizes its PS and controls' programs
- Support Sales / Traders on KYC process
- Assist Managers on Fighting Back alerts
- Prepare the meeting minutes for Weekly meetings
- Support COOs and traders for the change of the analytical structure (GOP, Portfolio creations / modifications)
- Follow up of IT issues impacting Sales and Traders
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Business or similar
- Previous working experience in financial field is a plus
- Able to work under pressure and deal with exposure to risk
- Result oriented, determined and able to make dependent decision
- Familiar with any software + Excel, PowerPoint, VBA etc.
- Fluent English is mandatory, with other Asian language (i.e. Mandarin / Cantonese) is a plus
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.