Tech Risk Manager - Virtual Banking
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
As one of the biggest banks in market, we are rapidly expanding by growing a new virtual banking business in Hong Kong. We see ourselves as a fast growing start-up company where you will enjoy autonomy and teamwork at the same time, solving new and exciting problems in a nimble and agile way. Join us and be part of history making for future banking experience!
Your role will focus on managing the risks arising from our use of technology. This will include areas such as the way we build our technology stack, operate our platforms, integrate with third parties and maintain compliance with our regulations.
As a member of the Technology Risk team, we help the entire organisation navigate this complex and demanding landscape while operating in a secure, resilient and compliant manner. We're looking for someone who cares deeply about understanding our business, customers and risks and can communicate and drive actions. You will:
• Be front-to-back facing, from discussing control solutions with IT engineers to coordinating with the Product, Risk and other control functions
• Drive initiatives to discover, assess and report on new and existing risk matters
• Advise on and challenge control matters as needed
• Follow through remediations on IT incidents and risk matters
• Assist in operationalisation of our risk management frameworks
• Be delivery focused as we support the technology organisation to deliver all our control commitments on time and to the appropriate level of quality
• Be flexible and show resolve in navigating complex regulatory challenges and deliverables
• Be a change agent by making risk management relevant to everyone in a clear and succinct manner as we seek to further embed control culture
• Be open to change over time as we in turn adopt our strategy to meet ever-changing control and regulatory landscape You should be:
• Passionate about new technology and risk management
• Strong control mindset and is confident to be the go-to person on IT risk matters
• Experienced in performing IT risk and control assessments and managing regulatory inspections and audits
• Able to provide effective challenge and recommendations whilst building strong, respectful relationships across different functions
• Hands-on, great at execution, and care about the day-to-day detail
• Great at asking incisive questions to pick things up and act on them quickly
• Comfortable with working in a fast paced, multi-cultural environment where the day to day job differs
• A holder of IT risk certifications, such as CISA, CRISC or CISSP
• Familiar with technology regulations, e.g. HKMA TM-G-1 and TM-E-1, is a plus