Technology - Java Developer Associate for Equity Swaps Trading - Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 mai 18 2018-05-20
See job description for details
We're looking for someone who is able to analyze business requests, design and implement technical solutions, work with various teams to deliver the best to clients.
- As a business analyst: understand needs from business (traders, strats, controllers, operations), prioritize work under pressure, interact and build relationships with business users and manage their expectations
- As a developer: take ownership of the design and delivery of new features, write quality tests and documentations, help evolve the project by leveraging new technologies
- As a team member: foster an environment for bouncing ideas, work together with app support team for stability
In summary, the role and the team is ideal for someone looking for a strong career development path with many opportunities to learn, grow, and develop.
- The team supports the Delta One Structured Products desk globally, primarily on OTC equity swaps business. We are a small team project-wise, have frequent brainstorming sessions as well as planned and ad-hoc design review sessions.
- We work in an agile way, preferring smaller rapid iterations over giant releases.
- We prefer developers whose skills span multiple technologies, and encourage our team members to completely own features front-to back. We don't expect one to be knowledgeable on all areas right away though; knowledge will grow as the developer grows.
- Graduate in Computer Science or Information Technology or relevant discipline
- Very strong in Java language (Spring/JUnit)
- Good understanding on database concepts, familiar with SQL
- Familiar with scripting (shell/Python/Perl) and Linux environments
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Passionate in learning new things (new technology, new business)
- Experience in Q/KDB+
- Experience in Front-end/UX development
- Knowledge in finance industry, especially Equity business