Technology - Windows Desktop Operations L3 Specialist (Configuration & Infrastructure Services) - Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 juil. 18 2018-07-20
See job description for details
The Windows Operations group provides a stable, yet agile and dynamic infrastructure platform to support the business functional requirements whilst managing associated risks. We provide service and support to internal teams and clients on the Windows Platform as well as closely cooperate with the Engineering, IT Security, Service Desk, Application Support teams and third party vendors to handle escalations, provide documentation, resolve complex technical issues and implement new products across the plant.
Our services include incident, problem, change and drift management and we are responsible for the health of the PCs. We distribute the core Windows build, manage security patches, support the software distribution platform, maintain PC configuration settings and provide reporting on the Windows environment. We develop scripts and other forms of automation to solve problems within the enterprise desktop computing space. This includes creating and maintaining our own monitoring and reporting tools.
We provide global coverage for incidents 24/7 in a follow-the-sun model - you will cover for escalations on one weekend every few months.
This position is mainly focusing on Configuration Mgmt and Infrastructure Services. You will provide operational support for the configuration management products and systems that are employed with the team. This will include continuous management of infrastructure lifecycle including upgrades, planned downtime and performance tuning of these systems. You will maintain infrastructure lifecycle of all configuration management and software delivery tools including in-house built software and solutions provided by external vendors.
Your primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the software distribution and management processes, including packaging of applications and troubleshooting of software installation issues
- Creating, integrating and deploying new policies across users and desktops
- Developing /maintaining software packaging standards
- Testing new and changed components being introduced into the environment
- Participating in the engineering and deployment of global products
- Automation through scripting as necessary to efficiently address problems within our space
- Performing change management duties, including creation, execution and validation of production changes
- Provide L3 support for escalated issues from other teams.
- Cooperating with reporting team to provide source data for various reporting needs
- Experience in troubleshooting complex technical problems alone
- Proficiency in communication including both oral and written English
- In-depth Knowledge in Computer Science such as Network, AD, Windows and etc.
- Kernel debugging
- Experience in at least one of: SCCM /Appsense/Bigfix or similar configuration tools.
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST)
- ITIL-based service management