Traded Risk Control Manager - Global Risk
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 23 juil. 18 2018-07-23
Traded Risk Control Manager - Global Risk
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Traded Risk Control Manager .
- Working closely with other Traded Risk Internal Control Officers, in other regions and departments, to ensure that Traded Risk teams based in Asia are in compliance with the three Lines of Defence framework by having an effective Business Risk and Control Management for the region in line with Group Risk and Operational Risk standards, as follows
- Control Environment, Act as risk and control Small Medium Enterprise for the business or function. Ensure management understanding of risks, controls and accountability and the Groups Operational Risk strategy. Facilitate the raising of Management Self Identified Issues.
- Control Monitoring, Develop an annual Independent Control Monitoring Plan to monitor key controls. Review adequacy of action plans and monitor progress of remediation plans to closure. Produce regular Key Indicator packs to monitor risks and controls on an ongoing basis.
- Reporting, Report issues as identified by Monitoring activities. Investigate and report Operational Incidents. Escalate as appropriate and record on system
- Ensure that all sites are functioning in accordance with the Internal Controls model by helping risk managers in carrying out regular site visits, working with other functions where possible to participate in Front to Back site reviews.
- Manage and Coordinate the collection of key Management Information data. Help to organise and run key management update meetings and other ad hoc meetings such as Projects Post Implementation Review.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining Traded Risk Management governance policies.
- Interface with second and third Line of Defence functions as the representative of Traded Risk. Represent Traded Risk in relevant regional committees and workstreams.
- Ensure that End User Computing applications within the department are recorded and assessed regularly.
- Benchmark processes and controls against the Traded Risk Global Target Operating Model.
- Ensure processes within the Internal Control Office function are efficient, robust and well documented. Actively seek ways of improving processes and achieving cost savings.
- Strong business analysis skills. Ability to analyse, document and present complex processes.
- Understanding of internal controls processes and best practices.
- Good understanding of Market Risk or Counterparty Credit Risk or Liquidity Risk or Insurance Risk.
- Experience of working in a Control or Support function.
- Well organised and able to work on several workstreams concurrently.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight time lines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Qualification in finance, accounting, business management or project management.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.