UX Writer - Mox
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. About Mox
As one of the biggest banks in market, we are rapidly expanding by growing a new virtual banking business in Hong Kong. We see ourselves as a fast growing start-up company where you will enjoy autonomy and teamwork at the same time, solving new and exciting problems in a nimble and agile way. Join us and be part of history making for future banking experience! The Role Responsibilities
Mox Bank's design approach doesn't start or end with a single interface. We are designing the whole experience end-to-end with all touchpoints by focusing on user's needs, expectations, motivations and pain-points while balancing business needs and technical capability. We are looking for ambitious UX Writers who are able to be in charge of app interface copy as part of the end-to-end experience design process to create useful, usable and desirable financial services. You will be a part of our multidisciplinary team to continue creating the brave new banking experience for Hong Kong. You will be working across different teams from exploration to delivery while continue evaluating the experience and iterating to enhance the experience.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Lead bilingual app interface copy process end-to-end as part of the design process from
- exploration to delivery, continue evaluating the experience and iterating to enhance the experience
- Create clear, consistent and concise copy across the design process and build the content library for both English and Traditional Chinese
- Shape the tone, language, product names and narratives across the app experience
- Lead the app interface copy process with human-centric mindset and advocate customer-centricity at Mox through your thinking and doing
- Write from scratch, revisit existing copy and think beyond what's written by considering overall user experience to bring the ease of use
- Deliver well-structured point of view on the content direction and provide input from
- multiple team members and deliver high-quality copy
- Work with designers, researchers, business owners, product owners, marketing teams,
- compliance and legal teams to understand, define and deliver
- Facilitate sessions and workshops throughout the process to explore, define and ideate to bring the best possible solution
- Be always connected with marketing team to align on the content strategy across different touchpoints and contribute to the content strategy and tone of voice
- Maintain the consistency of the copy across different touchpoints and user flows while raising the quality of the work
- Grow the app content library and build sustainable Mox Content Design System
- Be part of the research studies to understand the users' needs and pain points and to evaluate the ideas and what you are creating as a solution
- Bring clarity to ambiguity of the complex systems by testing your solution, running research exercises to understand mental models, facilitating team discussions to learn from different perspectives
- Follow up the feedback coming from customers to enhance the experience
- Seek for inspiration across different industries to bring delightful experiences through copy, and follow up others through benchmark studies and trying out different service.
- A degree in English or Chinese Literature, Communication, Psychology, Design, Marketing, Advertising, Journalism, or any area that emphasizes storytelling and critical thinking
- Native bilingual writing skills in Traditional Chinese and English
- Experience in content design, copywriting, product writing with a demonstrated record of writing successful UX copy with measurable impact
- Solid experience in creating copy and shaping content in Experience
- Design fields with human-centric mindset, preferably in financial services industry
- Portfolio or work samples to demonstrate your skills, your end-to-end design approach on the copy creation with human-centric mindset and your understanding of usability
- Have a knowledge and understanding of usability and information architecture
- Strong motivation on content strategy with hands-on writing and editing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to share and present your approach and suggestions
- Strong self-motivation to start and run the work individually and with the teams
- Facilitation and moderation skills to run team discussions and workshops
- Comfortable working in an interdisciplinary and cross-cultural environment
- Comfortable working in collaboration with multiple teams and disciplines
- Comfortable working in a fast pace Agile environment.
- Ability to strategically prioritise your work and manage multiple works from different areas
- at the same time
- Have an intellectual curiosity and motivation to learn more
- Open to challenge yourself in a fast-paced virtual/challenger bank.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on Mox, please visit mox.com.