Our client is an international Brokerage firm looking for a seasoned AML/KYC professional to lead a client onboarding team. This is an exciting opportunity to work for an international firm in a role with regional responsibilities.
- Act as a subject matter expert on AML/KYC matters for Hong Kong and Singapore
- Work closely with key business stakeholders – Sales, Trading, Compliance, Risk, COO, Legal, IT both locally in Hong Kong as well as teams in the region to ensure good client experience during onboarding/reassessments.
- Analysis of the transaction structures/nature of business to identify due diligence requirements for a particular transaction.
- Responsible for the analysis of relevant documentation for onboarding new clients and reassessment of existing clients.
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, as well as policies and procedures.
- Work closely with IT and proactively assess areas for process improvement and propose changes as needed.
- Manage and train a team of KYC analysts.
- Reporting to the local COO in Hong Kong.
To qualify for this role, you must have the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/ finance with at least 7 years of working experience within a financial services, operations, preferably a broker-dealer or asset management firm.
- Strong knowledge of AML/KYC requirements.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to work effectively in a team environment to create a strong team spirit, as well as oversee team members operating remotely.
- Ability to be hands-on and work as a producing member of the team.
- Must possess excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical, technical and problem-solving skills coupled with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively with different stakeholders
- Desire to improve processes and stay up-to-date with new regulations and changes.
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines effectively.
If you are interested in this role, please send your cv to email@example.com . Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.