A renowned foreign bank is looking for a VP level candidate to join their Internal Audit Department focusing on Business Audit duties with support to IT audit. Job Duties
- Conduct audits of various operations for the bank in HK and other Asian locations
- Review, supervise and monitor job assignments performed by other staff in ensuring all audit assignments and projects objectives are achieved
- Plan and/or conduct job assignments; follow up on the auditees' corrective actions and prepare audit documentation
- Provide constructive advice to appropriate levels of management
- Monitor banking regulations in the East Asia region
- Manage key relationships with external stakeholders e.g. regulators, auditors, etc., as well as internal stakeholders e.g. Branch Management, other control functions, etc.
- Update the Regional Head, Head Office Internal Audit Department and local branch management on key risks or control related business changes
- Enhance and ensure the standard of internal audit process to be in line with professional practice
- To monitor and conduct emerging risk research (e.g. Environmental, Social, and Governance risk) and coordinate with Head Office Internal Audit Department in implementing necessary audit work.
- Occasional travel is required
- University graduate with relevant professional qualification e.g. CPA, CIA, CAMS, CAMS-Audit, CISA, etc.
- Around 6 to 8 years' auditing experience preferably with a minimum of 4 years' experience in sizable CPA firms, and solid exposure to internal audit in international banks.
- Sound knowledge in controls and risk management of banking products e.g. corporate banking, structured finance and treasury, etc., related controls and banking systems
- Good planning, project management and organizing skills
- Effective leadership, communication and planning skills and ability to work independently
- Practical understanding of relevant regulatory requirements in East Asia region
- Proficiency in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.