As a Leader of Operational & Market Risk
As the Team Head of Operational & Market Risk
- Act as second line of defense for risk management in providing independent challenge of the business and supporting management;
- Support/Act as the coordinator of with Group company in respect of establishment and review of counterparty and operational risk framework and policies;
- Participate and provide support in relevant risk management projects and system development;
- Participate and provide support and ensure compliance of counterparty and operational risk controls in accordance with Group policies and regulatory standards. Lead the risk control assessment tasks to ensure the bank is in compliance with any changes in respect of group policies and/or regulatory standards/ guidelines;
- Utilize industry best practices, advanced modeling techniques, supplemented by expert judgment and qualitative evaluation, to drive the relevant program of validation and independent review that meets the requirements and framework as defined by Group policies or relevant regulatory requirements;
- Performing root cause analyses on identified risk events to recommend improvements to prevent these risk events from re-occurring in future;
- Assist the Principal Risk Owners and Principal Risk Coordinators with the identification of key risks and mitigating controls in the business, as well as action plans to address any gaps in the mitigating measures identified;
- Supervise and provide guidance to team member in performing the proper and adequate risk management control;
- Assist the CRO in suggesting methods to improve risk analysis and reporting to the Risk Committee, Executive Committee and Board;
- Develop or set key risk and control indicators;
- Such other duties as shall be directed by your superiors from time to time.
Skills & Experience
- Master’s degree or higher in Risk Management, Quantitative Finance or related discipline preferred
- At least 10 years working experience in finance or banking field within which at least 5 years in risk management related area
- Knowledge of operational risk management systems and techniques and data science analytical techniques desirable
- With detailed and analytical mindset with problem solving
- Strong organizational and written communications skills, analytical mindset with problem solving, research and follow up skills
- Ability to independently conduct the validation and independent review of relevant risk models
- Good team player with supervisory and problem solving skill
Notes to applicants
- Please apply in strict confidence with full resume, academic record, current and expected salaries.
- The personal data provided will be used for consideration of recruitment only. All personal data of unsuccessful candidate will be destroyed within 24 months.
- Candidates with Enhanced Competency Framework (ECF): please state on the CV.
As a leading investment bank in China and Hong Kong region, the investment banking arm of Bank of China, BOC International Holdings Limited (“BOCI”), is now seeking highly motivated, creative and success-oriented professional who would like to pursue the career in our group.