Vice President/Assistant Vice President, Audit
Business Function Group Audit helps the Board and Executive Management meet the strategic and operational objectives of the DBS Group. We conduct independent checks to ensure that the Group's risk and control processes are adequate and effective. All our team members are highly sought-after professionals who work as trusted advisors to our clients, in all matters related to a company's internal controls. Responsibilities
- Undertake audit engagements as assigned by the Regional Audit Specialist and/or ED/SVP/VP of the team according to audit plan.
- Advise and apprise promptly the Regional Audit Specialist and/or ED/SVP/VP of the team of all major risk, control and regulatory issues arising during the audit.
- Execute and complete all audits in accordance with departmental and professional standards and supervise team members during assigned audit engagements.
- Assist where appropriate in the update and maintenance of the audit strategy and plan.
- Update, maintain or review audit risk matrices, including audit work papers for each audit engagement.
- Evaluate controls over fraud risk but not to detect and investigate fraud events which is the responsibility of the 1st and 2nd lines of defence respectively.
- Test and follow up outstanding audit issues for proper implementation during each audit engagement.
- Maintain key relationships with middle level management and stakeholders, raise potential risk and control issues to audit management.
- Keep abreast of professional development opportunities to enhance skills and competence.
- Provide consultancy advice to Business/Support Units on new or revised policies and procedures so as to build up Audit's identity as trusted advisor.
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Degree holder in any discipline. Accounting or internal audit qualifications (ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIA or CISA) are strongly preferred. Other professional or post-graduate qualifications (e.g. CFA, FRM or MBA) would be considered desirable.
- 6-10 years' experience with relevant business or auditing background in financial institutions, external audit firms or consulting firms.
- Professional auditing, accounting and/or banking background involving management positions.
- Strong knowledge on the relevant products, operations and regulatory requirements of the designated business portfolios.
- Prior audit experience in Basel credit modelling, market and liquidity risk, operational risk and finance would be an advantage but not a pre-requisite.
- Prior experience in risk management and control functions, auditing and data analytics would be an advantage but not a pre-requisite.
- Able to work independently and collaborate with internal / external stakeholders to achieve desired outcomess
- Willingness to learn with a keen desire to apply advanced auditing techniques and digital initiatives.
- Detailed-oriented and strong project management skills.