Vice President - Group Risk Management(Group Credit & Quantitative Analysis)
- Overseeing the compliance of risk policies against the HKEX Group Risk Appetite Statement (RAS). Manage formal governance approvals of policy.
- Manage and undertake annual methodology validation activities to ensure consistency to RAS, policies, regulation and broader industry best practice. Monitor and report on subsequent actions undertaken by the first line risk team.
- Review the daily and periodic reporting of activities undertaken by first line to ensure ongoing compliance with policy. This will include reporting to senior management and through the governance structures to the relevant risk committees. To ensure reporting identifies any issues and monitor appropriate escalation.
- Help develop and manage an appropriate "model risk governance framework" for the categorisation and risk assessment of all models used for financial risk.
- Review of models in accordance with the approved "model risk governance framework" associated testing and regular assessment that model achieves methodology goals and to ensure that the use and categorisation remains appropriate and consistent with Group standards.
- Update and review the "model risk governance framework" so that it continues to meet industry best practice and the group policy.
- Test model implementation in production environment and department tools.
- Provide challenge and Oversight as part of the group second line function through both the daily interactions and periodic Committees ensuring that changes to, or new, models, new contract analysis, process and procedures also receive additional scrutiny
- Master's degree or equivalent in quantitative finance, mathematics, economics, computer science or related discipline.
- Professional risk qualification (or studying towards) would be beneficial (e.g. CFA, FRM).
- Strong level of experience of working in a financial risk or quantitative Risk function within a Financial Services company, ideally as a second line analyst.
- Understanding of market, credit and liquidity risk models and principles and industry best practice.
- Understanding of the latest regulatory standards and market practice for model validation.
- Experience of working within an Exchange or Clearing House and familiarity with the requirements of CPMI-IOSCO would be beneficial
- Experience of setting up or working with a "model risk management framework" in a financial institution.
- Strong attention to detail, Motivated self-starter, Determined, Quick learner and results focused are key attributes the potential candidate should have.
- Previous experience of three lines of defense model; in either a first or second line role
- Good communicator, negotiator and organiser, sympathetic to overall work demands within department
- Able to work as individual but liaise effectively with other department or group stakeholders
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and positively influence others
- Ability to rapidly grasp new ideas and to think laterally and innovatively
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.