Vice President, Transition Management
Description About this role Transition Management - Transition Portfolio Manager
The Transition Management team helps clients to restructure their investment portfolios. The business delivers both project management and risk management to clients to reduce costs and minimise risks when undergoing large changes to asset allocations.
BlackRock's Transition Management team manages more than 300 transitions a year from offices in London, Budapest, New York, San Francisco, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Sydney.
Our clients include central banks, sovereign wealth funds, public pension plans, corporate pension plans and other institutional investors. The global team, consisting of over 60 transition professionals offers one of the industry's most comprehensive transition management platforms. We partner with clients by understanding their objectives, advising them on solutions, and designing and implementing trading strategies to achieve their goals. Job Purpose/Background
The ideal candidate would enjoy problem solving and have the ability to interpret and articulate complex multi-dimensional scenarios. The diversity of transactions, breadth of asset classes and access to a large pool of intellectual capital translates into a position where no two days are the same. Attention to detail and an appetite to learn are a must. The role will involve managing portfolio restructurings for institutional clients, working within a multi-asset class environment and with a range of financial instruments.
The successful candidate will need to communicate, network, and to establish and maintain productive working relationships with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally. The team uses market leading proprietary technology to provide a bespoke implementation for each client. Team members collectively own their successes and failures and are part of an environment where there is a focus on excellence. Key Responsibilities
Transition Management is a high trust service where clients entrust a significant proportion of their assets to BlackRock. As such the Transition Portfolio Manager is accountable directly to the client to maintain the highest standard of care, responsiveness and deliver a high standard of service.
Attention to detail, personal service and technical knowledge are at the core of the skills required to be a successful member of the team. The Transition Portfolio Manager is also a good communicator, able to dissect complex ideas and concepts into relevant and timely information for clients.
The successful candidate will join a team of individuals that are collectively responsible for helping clients reorganise their portfolios at the lowest cost and risk profile. In particular this involves:
Skills and Qualifications
- Identifying, understanding and mitigating all forms of cost and risk that occur during portfolio change
- Developing a detailed understanding of exposure, execution, process and operational management
- Defining and owning an optimal execution strategy
- Designing, implementing, monitoring and executing detailed operating plans
- Establishing strong relationships with the equity, fixed income, FX and futures trading desks
- Communicating transition plans to clients both verbally and through the creation of bespoke pre- and post-trade analysis
- Degree or higher level education, preferably in a quantitative subject
- Good understanding of capital markets and some knowledge of hedging
- Experience of portfolio management either directly or in supporting investment teams
- Project management capabilities and ability to drive projects forward
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task in a demanding and time sensitive environment
- High level of proficiency in excel (VBA a plus)
- Good communicator. Asian language skills a plus
- Team player, high energy, curious, and attention to details are essential to succeed
- Self-motivated, confident and proactive problem solver with a positive "can-do" attitude
- Reliable and trusted team player with strong integrity and ethics.
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.