Wealth Management - Senior Lender - Vice President
Position Overview Details of Division and Team:
Deutsche Bank's Wealth Management business is one of the largest wealth managers worldwide. We offer our clients a broad range of traditional and alternative investment solutions, as well as comprehensive advice on all aspects of Wealth Management. As a trusted partner of wealthy individuals and entrepreneurs, family offices and foundations, we create lasting value for clients. We specialize in developing bespoke solutions for our clients around the world, for instance wealth planning across successive generations and international borders, asset management with individual risk management, loans and deposits. All this is possible thanks to our global network, our many years of experience and our close collaboration with the Corporate Bank, Investment Bank and DWS.
The Lending Officers work closely with Investment Solution Team and Global Strategic Lending Team to formulate and implement the Lending business strategy for the APAC region. They will have accountability for the attainment of set performance targets, optimum resource utilisation and adherence to relevant internal policies/controls and regulatory requirements. They will partner with Sales Coverage, Origination and/or Trading to ensure that products/solutions/platforms meet the needs of the Bank/clients and also participate in the negotiation and execution of the mandated transactions with clients. They will ensure adherence to the NPA/NTA process and participate in discussions with internal partners (e.g. Risk; Legal) as appropriate, for the smooth execution of transactions. This is a challenging role which requires an ability to influence stakeholders, including customers, seniors of the bank and Risk, to deliver on aggressive growth plans and to ensure processes meet the Bank's highest standards. What we'll offer you
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its center. You can expect:
Your key responsibilities
- Supplemental Savings Plan on top of mandatory social security
- Full range of commercial insurance coverage, including delegated private hospital
- Online family doctor consultation for both employee and family members
- Employee Assistance Program for both employee and family members
- 25 days of annual paid leave, plus public holiday and flexible working arrangements
Your skills and experience
- Work closely with Bankers and Investment Managers to manage and facilitate growth of the IPB's lending book
- To originate, structure and execute tailored financing solutions for Ultra High Net Worth clients in the North Asia market region based on good understanding of their needs, (e.g. risk appetite, time horizon, use of proceeds, company structure, tax schemes, etc)
- Focus primarily on complex financing solutions against less liquid assets, i.e. Share Backed Financing, Private Equity Financing, Real Estates, Alternative Investments, Structured Products
- To deal with both flow transactions and specifically focus on cases that have an element of exception to credit policy, large exposures, concentrations, extended credits and require extensive analysis and risk mitigating structuring (covenants, hedging etc)
- To take leads in projects for new business initiatives and product development, and to enhance the credit platform in order to drive growth for the franchise
- To be an ambassador to promote Lending as a product and take primary ownership to build the business.
- Active participation in client meetings along with Sales/Coverage to advise on the key features of the structured product and liaise with internal/external lawyers and clients on legal documentation help closing transactions.
- Responsible for monitoring ongoing transactions and be involved in the review/drafting of marketing, deal execution materials and internal desk reports.
- Shape credit-related processes, policies and platform enhancements
How we'll support you
- 8 - 10 years of relevant experience gained in private banking or international financial institutions
- Solid knowledge in financial analysis for corporates and dealing with corporate finance transactions
- Familiar with regional/international financial markets and legal & regulatory issues relating to cross border lending transactions
- Possesses good understanding of credit process, policies, and related legal/ regulatory requirements. Thorough knowledge of capital markets and derivatives products is very important.
- Strong communicator (both written and verbal skills) with an ability to write concise reports
- Have an open mindset and respects challenging views from different stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and an independent decision-maker with ability to support or defend conclusions.
- Team oriented, flexible, diligent, self-motivated and willing to set example to junior teammates
- Ability to collaborate effectively with wide range of cultures / personal styles and to establish strong partnership with infrastructure staff
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines as well as working with front-office staff in amicable manner
- Strong command of the English language and business fluency in Mandarin/Cantonese is a plus to manage North Asia clients
About us and our teams
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do. Deutsche Bank & Diversity
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.