BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
https://careers.apac.bnpparibas/ Position Purpose
• Client On-Boarding team's objective is to be the sole interface for new clients for standard sensitive accounts. The goal, for this team, is to ensure a global and consistent "first service" is rendered to the clients.
• This team will be working around 3 main themes: Prioritization of on-boarding, Coordination of the whole process (Risk, Legal and Systems) and production of the Legal documentation and KYC (Collection, Completeness, Conformity and Analysis. The team is also in charge of the regular review process for standard sensitive accounts
• The team must work as "one team" to ensure a cutting edge on-boarding service to clients and work closely with major functions as well as FO/Markets.
• Overall, through a dedicated on-boarding team and a single point of contact, the team is responsible for client satisfaction with respect to on-boarding.
• To facilitate and provide a complete transversal on-boarding service to WM APAC. Producing client risk assessments, client profiles, and due diligence analyses.
• Providing feedback and escalating issues to the appropriate support functions and management. Key Responsibilities
Implementation and Process
• Work closely with Front Office to facilitate the collection of KYC and other relevant documents in accordance with the prevailing account opening procedures and local regulations.
• To ensure evidence of each customer's identity and other relevant documents are received in order before account opening.
• Review and approve KYC for new client on-boarding for standard sensitive accounts (i.e. non high risk clients).
• Perform qualitative and quantitative check on New Account Documentation for all clients
• Conduct KYC/CDD review on existing clients through periodic review.
• Ensure all client files are stored and maintained accordingly (electronically and in paper format).
• Support Front Office queries related to client on boarding and client due diligence process.
• Prepare regular reports for Management review (account documentation irregularities, monthly statistics).
• Ensure timely processing of static data updating request.
• Work within a team - with an adaptable flexible approach, coordinate with team members and Front Office to resolve complex cases and address issues in a timely manner.
• Be open to change and support the vision of working in a fully transversal operation
• Ability to share information and eventually train new team members.
Control and Risk
• Abide with operational risk procedures and escalate incidents to Seniors where necessary
• Contribute to the implementation and controls for daily processes and assist with the update of procedures
• Report and escalate concerns/ issues to Seniors when required
• Liaise regularly with the following internal groups to ensure a smooth on boarding process: Compliance, Legal, FO teams, Client on-boarding and due diligence team in Singapore/Hong Kong or other support teams within WMHK/WMSG that have any involvement in the Client On-boarding process.
Comply with BNPP Permanent Control Activities
• Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework.
• Contribute to the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan
• Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guideline
• Contribute to the reporting of all incidents according to the Incident Management System
• Minimizing operational failure, including but not exclusively, the risk of fraud, by helping to devise, and by implementing, sufficient regular controls
• Ensuring appropriate escalation to management and/or Permanent Control (or Compliance as appropriate) as soon as an issue is identified Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
• Team player, independent, hardworking, eager to learn and attention to details
• Client-oriented and high adaptability to changing environment
• Able to work under pressure and deal with unclear requests as well as a high volume of requests
• Strong analytical and strong risk sense Specific Qualifications Required
• Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience
• Bachelor's level degree or professional qualification
• Understand the principles and be familiar with WM products and types of customers
• Strong understanding of account documentation, due diligence and local Anti-Money Laundering requirements
• Fluent in English (spoken and written). Good command in Mandarin is a plus (for supporting Taiwan/China Markets).
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Must possess a strong fundamental and technical skills, awareness of operational risk
• Excellent PC skills, especially in Excel. Knowledge of ACCESS is an advantage.