Wealth Management KYC Compliance Officer
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
• Member of the KYC/AML account opening team.
• Enforce Wealth Management Compliance policies and procedures.
• Provide advisory to Business and Functions on KYC/AML related issues
• To ensure core activities of account opening are effective by adhering to local and Head Office KYC and CDD standards;
• To participate in the client acceptance and committee ("CAC") by performing compliance risk analysis, providing mitigating solutions and presenting to the committee members for deliberation;
• To achieve satisfactory audit scores on examinations performed by Group Internal Audit, local regulators and external auditors;
• To provide trainings to Front Office on KYC-related matters, and promote compliance awareness and culture.
• To enhance the communication between Compliance and Front office during the new account opening;
• To work independently on assigned tasks with minimal supervision;
• To proactively identify potential gaps in our current processes/policies against regulatory requirements, and bring up to management immediate attention;
• To make constructive suggestions to the reporting manager to improve overall efficiency;
• To assist with internal audits, regulatory inspection and investigation;
• To work with Head Office Compliance on derogations, approval and other policies-related matters;
• To identify and control compliance risks, implementing monitoring measures where required;
• To assist in preparing relevant compliance reports pertaining to Wealth Management for submission to Head Office and ensuring accomplishment of the Department's mission.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
• Familiar with the requirements of Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
• Act as a team player
• Able to work independently, perform under pressure with tight deadlines and multi-tasks.
• A good knowledge of compliance framework.
• Have strong written and communication skills.
• Strong presentation skill
Specific Qualifications Required
• University graduate.
• Account opening experience in Wealth Management/Private Bank.
• Fluent in Cantonese, English and Mandarin.