Analyst, Accounts Payable
Description About this role
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock EMEA Finance consists of Finance professionals in disciplines such as Business Finance, Treasury, Tax Regulatory Reporting, Accounting Operations and Corporate Accounting. This role sits within the recently created Accounts Payable team in Budapest, reporting into the local AP Associate, however the role is very much part of a global team based in Gurgaon, Singapore, Atlanta and Budapest.
The AP Department is responsible for processing, booking and payment of all incoming invoices globally while safeguarding the company's internal controls as well as complying with local regulations Job Purpose/Background:
Reporting to Accounts Payable Associate; process timely, accurate disbursement of payments to vendors and employees while ensuring compliance with BlackRock's Global Cash Disbursement Policy and regulatory requirement Key Responsibilities:
- To ensure accurate disbursement of funds - supporting the payment run processes end to end.
- Action payment returns daily and ensure that return log is kept up to date.
- Partner with Management and Financial Operation Support / Technology team to reduce manual payments, should focus to increase host-to-host payments where ever possible.
- Handling queries or escalations independently and ensures to fix the root cause to avoid
- similar occurrences happening in future.
- Following up on over-payments and refunds to ensure little/no financial loss to the firm.
- To work with stake holders regarding cash reconciliation issues and close the loop of unknown open cash reconciliation items.
- Provide support to the supplier maintenance team for setup related queries.
- Self-motivated team player
- Ability to recognize and resolve problems
- Excellent attention to details
- Customer oriented
- Excellent communication skills by telephone, written and in person
- Ability to meet tight time schedules
- Self-confident and decisive.
- A positive and 'can-do' attitude.
- Strong written and spoken English language essential
- 1-3 years' experience in Accounts Payable or Finance
- Knowledge of Oracle Financial is a plus
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.