Business Support Analyst
- Budapest, Hongrie
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 oct. 17 2017-10-18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley maintains a Business Continuity Management (BCM) program to protect the firm's franchise in the event of a catastrophic interruption to its business operations, technology, and facilities. The Firm's BCM philosophy is to provide cost-effective business continuity strategies for the Firm's critical businesses, its employees, clients and shareholders on a global basis.
The Business Continuity Management team is looking for a Business Support Analyst to assist in completing risk assessment on the firm’s global suppliers and service providers within the Supplier Risk Management Programme. Business Continuity Analyst will also assist in developing and implementing business continuity strategies and risk treatment options related to third parties.
- Performing a risk and control assessment of the supplier’s business continuity control environment using a pre-defined set of risk criteria and methodology
- Reaching out to the suppliers directly to obtain the necessary documentation used to conduct the assessment
- Work closely with Senior Business Continuity Management and Global Business Continuity team members
- Document procedures and processes
- Strong problem solving and program execution skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Fluent English
- Able to manage and analyze complex processes
- Able and like to work in a fast moving, remote environment
- Detail-oriented, pro-active and self-sufficient
- Must be able to interface and coordinate work efficiently and effectively with suppliers and business partners
- Advanced Excel knowledge (managing large data sets, formulas, Pivot Tables)
- Bachelor’s degree (preferable in Business/Economic IT or Finance)
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.