See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley's algorithmic trading technology team develops and maintains trading execution engines. The trading engines include strategies that perform benchmark execution, low latency liquidity seeking and internalization across multiple asset classes inclusive of Equities, Options, Futures, and FX. The team is responsible for the full software life cycle of these systems. The team is a global team with significant sized teams in Europe, Asia and North America. We work closely with our business partners in sales and trading, risk management, compliance, operations, research and other technology teams at Morgan Stanley. Role Profile
The role combines solving complex business and technical problems. The business problem is around how to provide automated solutions for a specific execution strategy. While solving these business problems the technical solutions have to be highly available, low latency, high throughput, scalable and well tested. This means we rely on the latest technology to implement these products.
- The candidate will be responsible for implementing, testing and deploying strategic and tactical solutions for execution strategies, improving scalability, performance and efficiency of the strategies.
- Become specialist on specific areas and provide consultancy and feedback to internal clients, developers and Project Managers.
- Act as an escalation point for Production Management Level 2 support teams.
- Perform Level 3 support activities and root cause analysis using Morgan Stanley's designated tools, processes and procedures. Qualifications: The candidate should have/be proficient in
- Strong technical background in software development
- Experience designing, writing and deploying low latency/high throughput systems in C++ using STL/Boost/MultiThreading for a Unix/Linux platform
- Knowledge and experience on agile software development practices
- A scripting language either Python or Perl.
- Must be able to tackle problems based on limited information, be able to seek out solutions and work through problems.
- Good quality English speaking is essential as there is regular interaction with peer teams and internal clients in other regions. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to minimise misunderstandings and to ensure fast and accurate dissemination of information.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.