Cash Accounting Analyst
Description About this role Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock EMEA Finance consists of Finance professionals in fields such as Financial Planning & Analysis, Treasury, Taxation and Controllers. Within the Controllers' Group the Cash Accounting team has responsibility for the cash application and reconcilement of all BlackRock Corporate bank accounts within EMEA, APAC and AMRS. Job Purpose/Background:
The Global Cash Accounting Team works on the cash application and reconciliation of ~ 600 corporate bank accounts for EMEA, APAC and AMRS Regions.
Successful employees will handle Cash identification and application via Oracle General and AR sub-ledger. Furthermore, they will be working on multi-currency bank reconciliation and the Balance Sheet substantiation of bank accounts and lead all aspects of client money segregation in our corporate bank accounts. Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the reconciliation of Corporate Bank Accounts over various currencies, spanning multiple sets of books.
- Daily reconciliations and identification of bank movement; processing of journal entries to the General Ledger via Oracle and/or application of cash directly through the Oracle AR Sub Leger.
- Responsible for investigation and timely resolution of outstanding items in line with Cash Escalation Policy.
- Daily segregation of client money in corporate bank account and reporting
- Working closely with AR Collections, Global Revenue, Accounts Payable Team, Credit Control, Bank Relationship Manager and other partners on payment/receipt queries were appropriate.
- Ensure processes are completed in line with internal controls and call out any areas of risk
- Support other team members through periods of fluctuating workload and annual leave.
- Project work as and when required
- Previous Bank Reconciliation and Foreign Exchange experience significant
- Financial or accounting experience in bank reconciliations and balance sheet reconciliation
- Experience of Oracle and Oracle Cash Management software package is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable processes as well as banking systems desirable.
- Strong problem solver with a drive for improvement in execution
- Sophisticated level of Microsoft Excel (including V-lookups formulas, pivots, etc).
- Self-motivated, standout colleague with an excellent eye for details.
- Candidate should have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and growing environment and have a strong collaboration ethic
- Multi-task oriented with an ability to prioritize and operate proactively
- Empathic listener and persuasive speaker
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.