Data Reporting Specialist
- Budapest, Hongrie
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 oct. 17 2017-10-18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
We are looking for a dynamic and results-driven Data Scientist with 3+ years of experience to join the EMEA Workforce Analytics team. This individual will be responsible for providing a strong data modeling capability to the Human Resources Department.
The EMEA Workforce Analytics team supports HR and the Firm in the management of HR data and reporting, and in the continued development of strategy through insights derived from data analysis. The team provides technical expertise, advice and support to a variety of crucial Firmwide processes related to recruitment, retention, compensation, advancement and development.
The Data Scientist will work closely with the head of the EMEA Workforce Analytics team to develop and define opportunities and risks. This person will work on delivering actionable insights and predictive models to help answer business questions around organizational and employee performance. This person will also work on reviewing current outputs of the team and enhancing/improving how we work. Through application of advanced analytics and visualization, this person will identify insights and aid in the development of compelling story-telling to make strategic recommendations to senior HR management.
- Define appropriate approaches and solve problems through rigorous analytic techniques
- Develop clear and compelling storylines, accompanying visualizations and recommendations
- Develop recommendations that inform business and HR decision-making
- Offer actionable analysis and reporting
- BSc/MSc/PhD degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Math's or related field is preferred
- Passion for empirical research and developing data-driven solutions to difficult business questions
- Ability to translate unstructured business problems into an abstract mathematical framework
- Familiarity with database concepts and structures
- Effective at communicating complex quantitative analyses clearly
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with competing priorities
- Ability to work independently and adhere to deadlines
- 3-5 years professional experience, with some experience in financial services or similar industry preferred
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.