- Budapest, Hongrie Budapest Budapest HU
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 avr. 18 2018-04-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Institutional Securities Technology (IST) develops and oversees the overall technology strategy and technology solutions to drive and enable the Institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets as well as Operations, HR and Corporate Services.
The Global Risk and Scenarios team is responsible for collecting and distributing position- and risk data, running scenario analysis and PnL attribution for the Equity Derivatives trading division. We provide information to the trading desk helping them to make critical decisions, as well as we supply data to downstream systems. Our team of 20 developers spreads globally in Budapest, London and New York and sits within the wider group of Equity Risk Systems.
Our future colleagues will have the opportunity to work with KDB+, a column-oriented data store with its own built-in functional language, Q. It provides high scalability and fast-access to billions of records of historical data. Besides Q the team also uses Java as a key technology for the additional components in our system. For smaller tasks scripting languages, web tools, relational databases are used as well.
Prior knowledge of Q is not a prerequisite as training will be provided in the first few months. We are looking for candidates with strong engineering and analytic skills and a self-starter attitude, who are willing to be exposed to new technologies. You will also have the chance to work in a global team, along with our clients such as Market- and Operational Risk Management, Traders, Controllers globally. Many of our key projects are driven from the Budapest office making it an ideal location for anyone who wishes to learn and take ownership in the long run.
- Gathering and clarifying requirements; collaborating with managers and lead engineers of the GRS team, broader technology partners in the Technology
- Division and BU partners in order to understand technical and business requirements that will drive solutions
- Delivering new features/components from design to integration to the wider system; enhancement and necessary re-factoring of existing ones
- Perform testing of the new features, supporting production deployment and post production activities
- Building relationships with BU partners and the global GRS team
- Interest in functional programming
- Experience in SQL/database development
- Unix/Linux and scripting experience
- Hands-on experience in a third-generation programming language (Java, C++, C#)
- Good communication skills in English
- Good analytical- and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Solid knowledge of Java
- Practical knowledge of OOP and concurrency
- Interest in learning about various financial product
- nterest in big data and data analysis
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.