Portfolio Implementation Director - BDP
Description About this role
Want to elevate your career by being a part of the world's largest asset manager? Do you love working in an environment that develops positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance? Look no further! We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for consistent contribution. At BlackRock we strive to empower our employees to make a difference and actively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $6 trillion of assets we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to achieve their ambitious goals of saving for retirement, paying for college, buying a home and improving their financial well-being.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock is currently seeking professionals at the Director level to become part of our Portfolio Compliance team. Team Overview
The Portfolio Compliance Group (PCG) is a global group which sits within Global Accounting and Product Services ('GAAPS'), one of the essential functions within the Business Operations & Technology Group at BlackRock. Portfolio Compliance is responsible for implementing controls & processes to ensure we are aligned with all applicable regulatory and portfolio issued guidelines. Role Responsibility
This role is to lead the EMEA Implementations team, whose main responsibility is interpreting and analyzing the client's investment guidelines and coding them in BlackRock's compliance system. Key Responsibilities:
- Management of the team, with direct reports, reporting into the Global Head of Implementation and serving as a member of the global leadership team.
- Consider strategic opportunities, support the vision and partner with team to ensure success
Responsible for leading the activities required to achieve the annual goals:
Knowledge / Experience:
- New account and Guideline change coding, including:
- Crafting new system rules, improving existing compliance coding
- Troubleshooting potential errors when needed
- Identification of coding issues
- Maintenance of Legal & Compliance Restricted Lists
- Knowledgeable with BlackRock's various Aladdin applications, trade flow process, and data environment
- Participating in efficiency and improvement initiatives by providing ideas and suggestions on possible improvements to systems or processes
- Involvement in strategic projects and initiatives
Skills / Qualifications:
- Experience of people management and project management
- Experience in the investment management industry and of investment products
- Background in finance or similar fields are preferred. Knowledge of financial instruments and markets is a bonus
- Proficient in program languages (such as Visual Basic, C++, or Java) and an understanding of relational database concepts (including SQL) is a plus
- Comfortable working across multiple functions, geographies and partners with maturity and judgement
- Drive, high energy and sense of urgency
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with Aladdin suite of applications (preferred but not required)
- Experience of coding within Compliance Monitoring tools (Aladdin, Sentinel, Charles River, In-House systems) (preferred)
- Bachelors degree or higher in a related field (preferred)
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical mind and approach
- Attention to detail
- Dedicated approach to issue resolution
- Ability to recognize individual and team objectives and goals
- Ability to facilitate compromise between conflicting requirements or points of view
- Ability to build and leverage relationships globally and create a strong and broad network across the firm
- Ability to work optimally and balance complexity and stress in a constantly evolving environment.
- Attention to detail
- Proactive approach to risk mitigation ability to apply good judgement as to when to raise issues.
We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will adopt your rare skills, eagerness, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow professionally and as an individual. Come join our team and experience what it feels like to be part of an organization that makes a difference. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock. www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.