Product control senior analyst
Product Control is the largest department in Finance with responsibility for controlling daily profit and loss reporting, price verification and new trading activity for the Institutional Clients Group in EMEA region. The department is organised into business-aligned teams and the product scope comprehensive, comprising cash, derivative, as well as structured and exotic variants of the following asset classes; credit, FX, equity, money markets, commodities and rates.
We work closely across functions on a daily basis (including the Trading desks, Risk Management, Operations, and other areas of Finance) and develop a good understanding of the products traded, along with the associated market risks and accounting complexities.
We offer unique opportunity to get to know all the full range of institutional and investment banking products in the working practice of a globally leading multinational financial services conglomerate.
Our Budapest office is deeply integrated part of the EMEA regional hub, establishing direct contact with the business and finance areas in the regional centre
The role is part of the Product Control team in Budapest, supporting the EMEA Equities Trading business.
A challenging role within the Equities Product Control team, primarily responsible for reporting and analysing the daily P&L. Candidates will work closely with all other areas of the Finance department, liaising with the trading desk, risk management, operations and middle office. Responsibilities:
- Daily production of P&Ls and communication / review of results with the Desk. Explanation of P&L movements to management in terms of trading activity, key drivers and profit attribution analysis.
- Participation in desk level activities, including preparing the daily product specific business level revenues and commentary.
- Understand the Price Verification process and its impact on the P&L.
- Work closely with the Valuation Review Team
- Ensure that the firm's risk portfolios are fairly valued
- Develop supervisory and monitoring skillset; take ownership as directed by line manager
- Challenge and coach team members and make sure their output corresponds to highest standards.
- Provide detailed market commentary and analysis to verify adequacy of P&L movements and consistency with Desk strategy.
- Reviewing and analysing new trades, understanding the structure, associated risks and the P&L generated on them.
- Push through enhancements, use effective escalation on recurring issues to help reduce the burden on PC, ensure focus on core controls.
- Support standardization project to underlying Product Control's P&L working files for efficiency and consistency across multiple P&L's to enable effective cross-training and consistent controls in detailed working files
- Working on ad-hoc projects relating to improvements of system infrastructure.
- Complete additionally any other tasks in connection with the role but not detailed in the current job description, charged by the direct manager, supervisor, or the functional head. Qualifications:
- 3.5-6 years of experience in similar role
- Good financial/accounting knowledge
- Good understanding of Capital Markets.
- Supervisory experience is advantageous Education:
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - HU
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .