Statutory Reporting Specialist
The Financial Reporting and Control department is responsible for the preparation of the statutory financial statements under local GAAP for the various entities of Citigroup within Europe. In addition the group is responsible for the financial information that is consolidated into Citigroup's financial statements under US GAAP.
The Statutory Reporting team is responsible for the preparation of the audited financial statements for approximately 60 UK companies along with supporting Financial Reporting and Control teams in EMEA with the preparation of some of their financial statements. The financial statements are prepared under IFRS, UK GAAP or local GAAP.
The Statutory Reporting team works closely with other areas of Finance - Regulatory Reporting, Tax and Product Control - to ensure that the results of the individual entities properly reflect the group's activities. The team also supports other teams on one off transactions and specialised accounting issues. Responsibilities:
Qualifications and competencies:
- The preparation of the statutory accounts of Citibank Europe Plc and CGML, UK legal vehicles in addition to the statutory accounts of other legal entities within EMEA and the group;
- Active involvement in the external audit of the statutory accounts;
- The delivery of statutory accounts to directors, and liaison with the Company Secretarial department to set up related board meetings
- Regular liaison with the Corporate Tax function and Regulatory department to assist them with tax returns and FSA submissions respectively;
- Research of new accounting standards or forthcoming changes in the external reporting framework, and making recommendations following this. This may involve consultation with the Accounting Policy team;
- Assisting with the overall governance of the entity;
- Ad hoc project work on the development of and implementation of new systems and any restructuring within the entities;
- Managing the EMEA audit fee approval process and work on continuous development of the procedure;
- Complete all tasks in connection with the organization's activity but not detailed in the current job description, charged by the direct manager, supervisor, or the functional head.
- IFRS and US GAAP experience
- 1-3 years of experience in financial auditing (internal or external) or financial reporting and accounting or controlling
- Familiarity with UK GAAP is an advantage
- Prior experience with preparation of financial statements and supporting external audit is an advantage
- Strong PC skills including advanced MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access or SQL is advantageous)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Numerate and analytical
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills in English
- Pro-active, able to manage time and issues
- Strong team player
- Ability to use own initiative
- Planning and organizational skills, able to prioritize work
- University/College in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- ACCA is an advantage
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - HU
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .