See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
We are looking for US Indirect Tax Compliance Specialist
for our Budapest office
The Tax Department reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 200 employees worldwide. The Tax department ensures compliance with income and indirect tax filings, and monitors tax regulations and legislation. In addition, it calculates reports and discloses all of the Firm's tax-related expenses. The department also plans and manages the Firm's domestic and international tax strategies and advises Firm management and business units on business products, location and structure.
The Indirect Tax Group in London, Sydney, Budapest, Shanghai and New York provide Morgan Stanley with global in-house expertise, primarily in Indirect Taxes. The Group brings together technical experts who advise business units, with controllers who have an understanding of the processes, systems and accounting principles. You will:
- Complete a regular monthly/quarterly/annual process of completion of US Non Income tax returns (including collection of data and ensuring data is complete and reliable)
- Ensure tax payments are completed accurately and in timely manner
- Maintain supporting accounts and perform monthly GL reconciliation
- Work closely with the US Non Income Tax specialists regarding methodologies to be applied, and broadly understand the reasoning and logic employed
- Reporting and investigation of variances
- Documentation of processes
- Suggesting tax process improvements to increase efficiencies
- Provide training and support to the Analysts
- Other projects/tasks as required Qualifications: You have:
- Min 2 year experience in a Finance related role, preferably in the area of Indirect Tax
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Intermediate skills on Microsoft tools, particularly Excel
- Good interpersonal and communications skills; team player
- High level of spoken and written English
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and adapt to changing priorities
- Self-motivated, innovative
- Ability to work closely with the Manager and also independently
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. Learn about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley Budapest:
Build a career with impact. Visit https://www.morganstanley.com/about-us/global-offices/europe-middle-east-africa/hungary morganstanley.hu
for more information.