Based in our office in Mauritius, we are looking for an experienced Accountant with exposure to company secretarial tasks for our Corporate Services team. We offer a young, dynamic, and international corporate atmosphere as well as the benefit of customized training adapted to your needs throughout your career.
- Competitive Base Salary + Discretionary Bonus + Complete Set of Benefits
- Port-Louis, Port Louis, Ile Maurice
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Alter Domus
Corporate Accounting Senior Officer - Mauritius
- Assisting clients in implementation and administration of holding companies, financing and intellectual property companies, and real estate companies;
- Taking part in the set-up of GBC 1 and implementing complex international structures as part of restructuring plans, mergers and acquisitions;
- You will have the responsibility of a portfolio of clients and will act as a liaison and point of contact for matters relating to the portfolio in collaboration with a Senior Officer;
- Taking care of the day-to-day corporate administration and operations of the portfolio and following up with third parties, including investors and clients;
- Keeping company books and preparing periodic reports;
- Compliance of clients’ files with relevant Mauritius laws and internal control procedures;
- Preparing statutory financial statements and maintaining contact with auditors when applicable;
- Preparing corporate and VAT returns and maintaining relevant contact with the Mauritius tax authorities and tax advisers;
- Responding to clients’ requests in terms of tax planning in close collaboration with external tax advisors, if needed;
- Assisting with the organization of board meetings and shareholders meetings;
- Preparing minutes of meeting and shareholders and directors resolutions;
- Ensuring the portfolio complies with statutory requirements, licensing conditions and Group procedures.
- You hold a university degree preferably in Accounting & Finance;
- You have between 3-4 years of relevant experience;
- You have good knowledge of regulators governing the global business sector;
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and International Accounting Standards would be an advantage;
- You are fluent in English (Knowledge of French and/or German will be considered as an asset);
- You possess team spirit, the capacity to build strong client relationships, and take initiative to act without waiting for direction when appropriate.