- Bangalore, Karnataka, Inde
- CDI, Plein-temps
Assistant Vice President – Software Engineering
Lieu de travail : Bangalore, Karnataka, Inde
- Managing the India team's daily operational workload: prioritize, delegate, and monitor incoming requests from customers: de-escalate incidents when they arise.
- Ensuring timely completion of operational requests and activities, routinely interacts with stakeholders/customers to ensure customer service success.
- Identifying and tracking incidents, escalations, and risks on a daily basis: de-escalating issues when they occur.
- Coaching and mentoring associates in the team (Software and Systems engineers), evaluating performance of associates on a routine and periodic basis.
- Analyzing and presenting metrics that quantify the team's performance.
- Actively driving process development and enhancement to improve SCM/build tools and DevOps CI/CD practices.
- Assist management with strategizing/designing/enhancing the architecture of the DevOps platform.
- Evaluating and selecting third-party tools for build/deployment automation purposes.
- Managing SCM, CI/CD, and Configuration Management tools - administration
- Managing and maintaining SOPs and the documentation related to the team's operational activities.
- Working daily with the New York management team to assist with setting the strategic direction for the organization.
- A Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in a technical field such as computer science or engineering.
- Experience as a team lead or manager of an IT team dedicated to managing releases and/or build and deployment activities.
- Demonstrated experience mentoring and training core team members or direct reports.
- Demonstrated experience prioritizing and delegating work to other team members or direct reports and also be able to report on the status of daily work items.
- Fully understands and abides by the "customer service" model - this role provides a service to stakeholders considered "customers".
- Strengths in analyzing and presenting metrics regarding code quality. Working with development teams to set quality improvement goals, track, and report.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment - must have a "team player" attitude.
- A strong proficiency in navigating and editing files within UNIX/Linux environments.
- Experience as a "build master" or the routine building of source code ready for a release.
- Build automation experience using Development tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio, Maven, Ant, Gradle, Nuget, Chocolatey, NPM, and similar technologies.
- Experience building applications using Maven and utilizing Maven with an artifact repository, such as Sonatype Nexus or JFrog Artifactory, is a must.
- Experience leveraging Docker alongside the development and CI/CD process is strongly desired.
- Understanding of source code management concepts and disciplines such as source code branching/merging strategies.
- Must have experience using Atlassian Jira and generating operational reports using Jira.
- Cloud experience, specifically DevOps tools/process in the Cloud, is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated ability to meet commitments in a large IT project environment.
- Demonstrated ability to review and maintain SOP (Standard Operational Procedures) documentation.
- Ability to coordinate automation release strategies with Development leads and Infrastructure engineers.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills to collaborate with consultants, stakeholders/customers (from Developers to Managing Directors), peers, and vendors
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and performance driven. Strong customer service and teamwork skills: motivated to grow and succeed.
- Ability to stay up to date on industry trends related to areas of responsibility. Willingness to quickly adapt and learn.
- Experience routinely creating spreadsheets in MS Excel and also PowerPoint presentations.
- Experience working in a SOX compliant environment a strong plus.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.