Job Description The Role:
The Associate role provides a range of analytical support services that contributes to the overall credit analysis function performed by the Structured Finance Line of Business.
Prospective candidates will have good exposure to capital markets, fixed income in particular and a general understanding of securitization.
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate their ability to work effectively in a team environment. The ideal candidate for this role will possess strong organizational skills, demonstrate attention to detail, and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
The Associate position provides a unique opportunity to foster skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry. This will be an internally facing role, reporting into the Team Manager.
- Perform preliminary analysis to support ratings, research, analytical outreach: Examples of analytical work include:
- Data analysis for underlying loans such as residential, commercial mortgages etc. Identify trends/deviations in data and use analytical ability to form well thought out credit conclusions
- Data analytics to support thematic research
- Develop working knowledge of Moody's methodologies to support various analyses
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and identify key factors that affect issuer credit ratings under full supervision and guidance from the team manager.
- Support monitoring/surveillance of issuers by e.g. preparing data for surveillance, periodically updating preliminary components of analysis
- Perform certain routine administrative and other ad-hoc tasks.
Minimum graduate degree; Preferably a post graduate degree in finance, economics, mathematics or any other related discipline
- Relevant experience in a credit/financial institution will be beneficial
- Attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple on-going tasks
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, in particular Microsoft Excel
- Fluency in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated and enterprising
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.