Treasury - Asset Liability Management - Manager
State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutional investors, including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $33.99 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.81 trillion* in assets under management as of September 30, 2018, State Street operates in more than 100 geographic markets worldwide, including the US, Canada, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. For more information, visit State Street's website at www.statestreet.com.
*This figure is presented as of September 30, 2018 and includes approximately $28 billion of assets with respect to SPDR products for which State Street Global Advisors Funds Distributors, LLC (SSGA FD) acts solely as the marketing agent. SSGA FD and State Street Global Advisors are affiliated.
Asset Liability Management (ALM), a division of Global Treasury, is responsible for managing the corporate balance sheet and balance sheet strategy, net interest income (NII) forecast and interest rate risk (IRR) positioning. The team focuses on optimizing the risk/reward relationship by recommending strategies for sustaining and growing NII while being mindful of regulatory constraints. ALM routinely collaborates with other areas across Global Treasury, Finance, Risk and business units to operate within the risk appetite outlined by the Board of Directors.
The ALM India team is responsible for:
- Oversight of balance sheet data acquisition, integrity and reporting within the QRM application for purpose of balance sheet analysis and IRR measurement
- Analyzing output and ensuring accuracy of results
- Ensuring timely preparation and delivery of ALM reporting and analytics for corporate and selected international legal entities performing timely and accurate ad-hoc analyses
- Works closely with teammates and key business partners to analyze impacts to corporate and material legal entity NII forecasts and IRR metrics from different balance sheet strategies
- Follow procedures and maintain existing processes, but also think critically around forecast and IRR topics to build subject matter expertise
- Help establish priorities with other team members with appropriate deadlines and interim checkpoints
- Learn new concepts and become a subject matter expert on various balance sheet and ALM processes
- Understand data and establish appropriate governance mechanism for Completeness and Accuracy
- Apply knowledge/skills handling complex problems and/or coordinating work which may extend beyond own area of expertise; share expertise with colleagues and other departments
The position requires:
- Quantitative Risk Management (QRM) software experience preferred, but not required
- Minimum of postgraduate degree, preferably in Finance or related field
- Basic understanding of SQL, VBA, Tableau, and ETL process
- Strong quantitative aptitude/skills and experience modeling complex financial concepts
- Detail oriented and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using software applications to define and solve complex business problems
- Knowledge of financial markets
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to broad audiences