This position is responsible for owning deliverables of the defined IT functions & projects. This role involves in leading and guiding the IT managers and leads. IT functions would include the application development, application support and / or platform support. VP involves in working with business, counterparts and other application owners to understand the business priorities, audit requirements, deliverable capacity, resource requirements and risk assessments in order to provide exceptional deliverable to the business. Candidate should possess sound domain knowledge on the projects handled in delivering and supporting the IT functions to our business efficiently.
The candidate should have sound management and leadership skills. He / she should bring out the best from the team and deliver consistently more than expected. He / she would have involved in all the phases of the project especially in large scale application.
The candidate should also have good technical experience in multiple technology platforms in order to guide the team in building, integrating and supporting the application / platform end-to-end. He / she should be good decision maker and have the ability to execute the team independently.
The candidate should have involved in resource recruitment to find the right candidates for the project requirements and keep the team motivated and control the attrition in his / her team.
The candidate must have strong interpersonal skills that foster close collaboration with various partners throughout the business and technology teams.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work and communicate with all the project stakeholders and business stakeholders
- Understand the business and IT priorities of the IT functions involved
- Manage the process using Agile and Lean techniques
- Manage and lead the project managers / leads who are involved in creating project plans, estimation, executing and delivering the project on time to the business with the high quality
- Build the model to provide the exceptional technical support to the business
- Ensure the projects adhere to the required audit requirements based on the audit & compliance requirements
- Keep the team motivated and carry positive attitude, resolve any conflicts
- Provide the required technical guidance & support to the team
- Collaborate effectively with counterparts, business, internal and global teams as required
- Keep the communication transparent and clear
- Provide plans and estimation of the IT deliverables as per business priorities
- Ensure team meets the SLA on the technical support queries
- Prepare and provide the required management and project status reports and plans to the reporting manager / senior management / stakeholders
- Communicate effectively in verbal & written communications
- Be proactive in identifying and communicating the risks
- Collaborate and communicate well with the internal and global teams as required
Minimum Job Specifications
- 12-15 years of professional experience in the IT Industry
- Excellent management and leadership skills
- Ability to handle and deliver the projects under difficult situations
- Experience in investment management domain of multiple asset classes
- Sound experience in development and support areas in a large-scale world-class application especially in the Finance Industry
- Work experience in leading and owning the responsibilities of a single or multiple projects with the overall team size of 10 or more
- Good experience in practicing the Agile methodologies and taking care of all the phases of the project
- Good experience in implementing the required practice to adhere Audit and PMO requirements of the projects, and have experience working with audit, compliance and security teams, and prepared to be provided required evidences periodically or as required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required to liaise with the business, managers, QA, and operations
- Strong analytic, debugging, problem solving and collaborative skills
- Good exposure to the system design, system integration, project planning and estimation techniques
- Should have delivered the project till go LIVE and providing the technical support post production
- Good exposure to the release management & deployment process
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience
- Extensive experience in handling multiple IT projects, different platforms, and managing application development / support teams
- Sound experience in one or more technology streams like distributed systems, database, data warehouse, reporting, transaction systems
- Good experience in Agile and SDLC practice in the projects
- Familiar to various tools managing the project artifacts including requirements, testing, release, deployment, monitor and security
- Familiar to the tools to support the project management
- Hands-on experience in developing and managing enterprise wide BI Development encompassing Database Design, Data warehousing, ETL, BI Development working with cross-functional teams.
- Hands on experience in writing advanced SQL queries, database design and performance tuning in databases such as Oracle/Sybase/SQL Server.
- Should be able to debug application code written in PLSQL (primary) /NZSQL (secondary) for high demand OLTP/Reporting applications.
- Hands on exposure in devising data delivering strategy by using Cognos BI, Alteryx and Tableau.
- Hands on experience in developing ETL solutions using any well-known ETL tool such as Informatica or AbInitio.
- Candidate must be willing to quickly adapt new database, BI tools based on the project requirements. Act as torch bearer for the emerging technologies and develop product roadmap.
- Exposure to any MPP platforms such as Netezza/GreenPlum will be an added advantage.
- Exposure to cost modelling tool such as SAS ABM will be an added advantage.