As an Identity & Access Management (IAM) engineer, you will report directly to the Manager of Identity and Access Management for Experian. Your technical and engineering expertise will be critical for contributing to an IAM team for implementing and supporting the company's modern Identity & Access Management program architecture, infrastructure, capabilities, components and standards. Specifically, you will be responsible for contributing to IAM component designs, IAM service development, service integration, implementation and operational support of company-wide IAM services for all our internal user base. This position collaborates closely with IAM management, architects, and service providers to implement the IAM Program modernization efforts for the company. Tasks and responsibilities
PaParticipates in security projects for the Enterprise Identity Access Management Team.
Drives patching and maintenance activities as per enterprise schedule
• Captures user identity administration exceptions and determines and documents course of action for resolution.
• Analyzes root cause to recommend resolutions for provisioning and de-provisioning activities in accordance with standards, policies and procedures.
• Develops, solicits and maintains all necessary and appropriate documentation for assigned projects.
• Acts as the liaison among stakeholders to review, document, and communicate system activities to ensure access assignments or requests are completed consistent with service level and IAM standards.
• Drives processes to understand access requirements and develops role models and standards for IAM processes.
• Partners with Application Administrators to address business and technical issues involved in deploying, governing, and extending identity services.
• Identifies, implements, and improves current processes to support the Identity Access Governance program including controls, data quality, security risk reduction, and regulatory compliance.
• Identifies and defines mitigation plans for risks and issues related to project timeline, resources or quality.
• Partners with IT development group and core business unit to develop and implement new systems and enhancements of existing systems.
• Facilitates collaboration and leads cross-functional teams to drive projects to completion.
• Configures policy violations in accordance with regulations, policies, and procedures to identify and prevent segregation of duties.
• Participates in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) phases for defect fixes, enhancements, and other strategic initiatives.
• Provides IAM process guidance and requirements, creates IAM solutions, collaborates with business partners and engineers, and creates roles for application onboarding.