Lead Financial Reporting Analyst
- Bhaganagar, Andhra Pradesh, Inde Bhaganagar Andhra Pradesh IN
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 07 juin 18 2018-06-07
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the Lead Financial Reporting Services Group responsible for?
Coordinates and leads the financial reporting process. This role will have responsibility for the most complex funds and will be responsible for independently reviewing and analysing all financial reports, expense and distribution reports for accuracy and ensuring that all reporting deadlines are met for their funds.
This role is the first level of escalation point for work queries from the analysts and/or senior analysts, providing training, and assisting the Manager in ensuring appropriate workflow planning is completed for the Senior Fund Analysts.
Scope: prepares and reviews financial reporting for most complex fund and fund groups. Client Exposure: Significant exposure to wider FTS departments, regular exposure to internal FTI clients on tactical matters and limited exposure to external FTI parties/vendors.
Directs or conducts a variety of financial reporting activities for the mutual fund organization, including oversight and review of financial statements and other financial reporting tasks to ensure these are completed in accordance with department procedures and regulatory requirements. Works with external auditors and internal stakeholders (including Fund Boards) to ensure Mutual Fund financial reporting complies with local GAAP requirements and industry guidelines, and participates in product launch activities related to financial reporting.
Management Level Description:
• Requires in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
• Solves a wide range of complex problems
• Works independently, receives minimal guidance
• Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Lead Financial Reporting?
1. Prepares and/or reviews monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual financial statements/reports of more complex funds and other reporting documents provided to internal and external customers for accuracy and in accordance with GAAP, Industry and Client requirements. Prepare and/or review complex supporting schedules and reconciliation required for completion of shareholder reports. This includes reviewing work completed by Analysts/Senior Analysts. Plans and co-ordinates production of reporting to ensure that regulatory and client (Board of Directors/Trustees /Audit committee) deadlines are met. (Required)
2. Researches and analyse various accounting disclosure requirements for new accounting pronouncements and new product types and assist more senior staff in drafting required reporting guidelines. (Required)
3. Responsible for expense control for designated funds. This includes oversight of the payment processes, ensuring expense accruals are in line with budgets, budget reporting is prepared for Manager/Director review and for onward reporting to clients. Ownership of calculation of fund expense ratios. (Required)
4. Organise the routine elements of the year-end audit process and work with external auditors to resolve issues with funds. As primary contact, the Lead Fund Analyst coordinates with stake holders for preparation for the Audit, responding to enquiries and bridging the communication gap between external auditors and internal groups during the audit process. Support the Manager on strategic or critical audit issues. (Required)
5. Projects and Change management: Proactively identify potential improvements in work processes and client service, working closely with Manager to implement these. Participates in departmental/divisional projects, taking a lead on less complex work or participating in a wider more complex initiative. These could include, new product launches, regulatory initiatives, and inter-departmental projects. (Required)
6. Provides customer service to clients (e.g. fund managers, sales and marketing, performance and risk, internal and external boards) including answering ad hoc queries and working with managers on special assignments for clients (e.g. additional client reporting for their regulator or Board Papers). Act as a key point of contact with other FTS Business units to provide client service support. (Required)
7. Prepare and/or review complex funds distribution calculations and/or supporting tax reports. (Required)
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
Knowledge of Microsoft products such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and MS Project
Education (or equivalent experience):
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience (Required)
• Typically has 5-8 years related experience (Required)
Licenses and Certifications:
• Chartered Accountant - ACCA (Preferred