Officer- HRT/Data Governance
The Data Steward, will support the delivery of Data Governance goals and objectives, working with Business Unit core team and functional Data Stewards, IT, Enterprise Data Governance & Management to ensure high levels of data quality, integrity, privacy, availability, security and usability and adherence to Corporate policies and procedures.
- First point of contact for data stewardship activities within area of responsibility
- Support the functional Data Stewards in driving Data Governance activities including identification of data issues and resolution of data issues.
- Support Day-to-Day Data Stewardship Operations which include: Work with the functional Data Stewards to identify key content related to applications; Monitoring the intake of metadata discovery and ongoing maintenance of key data within the Enterprise Data Catalog; Support Data Stewards with cataloging and certifying key data including business and technical data definitions, data flow, security, privacy, use and location of data; Analyze data flows and dictionaries to support the cataloging efforts; Development and maintenance of project plans and regular communication with key stakeholders to track progress; Produce metrics detailing overall status
- In conjunction with the Data Stewards, facilitate the completion of data lineage including application data flows, review of database schema, tables and data elements, key extracts and reports, as required, leveraging extract and upload capabilities within the Enterprise Data Catalog.
- Participate in projects involving upstream and downstream data flows and processes to ensure compliance with data governance policy.
- Support the development of quality rules and analyze data quality issues based upon the output
- Monitor and effect changes to the Application Inventory Warehouse (AIW) to ensure that Business Owners are properly represented.
- Maintain and develop knowledge of Data Governance and Management practices through internal Data Governance course completion and Certified Data Steward (CDS) accreditation where appropriate. Participates actively in the EDGM Data Steward Forum/network.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to influence staff and customers are required.
- Ability to extract and upload data effectively into the Enterprise repository
- Strong understanding of enterprise data management concepts, principles and practices
- Ability to understand data models, data taxonomy, and a deep appreciation of data standards and data quality
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities required to interpret data flows and dictionary documentation
- Strong project management skills to ensure progress is made in line with project plans
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Prior HRIS/HR operations role with data focus. Experienced in managing/monitoring data platforms with data driven objectives
- 3+ years of HR data is required
- BA/BS Computer Science / Business / MIS (or equivalent work experience to substitute for education); Master a plus