Workday Testing Lead, AVP
The Workday Testing Lead will support assessing and testing system varies enhancements. The team will review process changes, new functionally released in weekly or semiannual upgrades and projects focused on improving the efficiency of our Global HR organization while integrating and maintaining global regulatory requirements through the use of technology. S/he will also provide complex analytical assessments in support of process and technology improvements.
This role will support our internal consultant providing best practice solutions that are tailored to our unique business needs. S/he will also serve as a department liaison to IT, HRIS, payroll external vendors and external consultants. Assist users with administrative tasks which require the use of sophisticated application tools or advanced computer skills and perform system maintenance functions necessary to ensure data integrity and data security. Key Responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- Manage testing portfolio of configuration and integration projects for GHR Technology implementations.
- Lead a team, prioritize tasks for the team and manage workload.
- Support process redesign efforts with both technically and functionally by partnering with colleagues to build business process and system connections/linkages with all HR processes
- Identify and recommend improvements and efficiencies for Workday Program.
- Work collaboratively across Technology leads to understand change request initiatives and turn them into clear test requirements.
- Conduct complex business analysis and gather functional requirements to produce documentation and information on current and future processes & systems.
- Serve on Agile team(s) to provide subject matter expertise on processes and data sources. Partner with the business to translate requirements into testing plans, establish priority and assist with UAT.
- Identify, design, test, implement in test environment weekly and semiannual enhancements.
- Drive adoption of new technology enhancements to improve capabilities supporting technology leads
- Identify trends or root cause behaviors for issues and errors, and manage potential solutions
- Aid in troubleshooting of Tier 3 inquiries.
- Ensure all process/system design satisfies all audit requirements and mitigates risk.
- Assists in determining organizational needs for system implementation or upgrades by consulting State Street Workday Platform Owner.
- Assist in resolving user how-to questions, and develop training documentation as necessary to minimize re-occurrences of user error
- Ability to listen, learn and creatively build solutions that are practical and effective for the organization
Education and Experience
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to work with large complex data sets and reports.
- Self-starter with a strong ability to work effectively with client and team members, balance multiple work streams and meet all deadlines.
- Experience with Workday Human Capital, and testing tools such as Kianos Smart. Other enterprise HR data structures a plus but not required. Security, EIB Integrations, Studio Integrations, Cloud Connect Integrations, Reporting, Dashboard, Scorecards, and Analytics.
- Excellent MS Office experience with Advanced Excel (development of spreadsheets with formulas, functions, pivot tables, lookups) expertise with a willingness to work hands on in the research and data details as well as in the analysis.
- Ability to handle sensitive HR information with high degree of confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly both verbally and in writing in order to exchange information and be able to seek out specific information from others. Job requires significant interface with members of HR.
- Proven project management and problem solving skills as well as an ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously to successful completion.
- Experience interpreting data and presenting information and findings.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skill
- Collaborative work style.
- Bachelor's degree in business, management, mathematics, human resources, computer information systems or related field.
- 5-8 years relevant work experience; preferably in large global company; prior financial services experience a plus but not required.
- Project Management, analysis and reporting experience beneficial
- Strong written, verbal, and graphic communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to varying audiences
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, drive results, and meet deadlines
- Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, good judgment, mature and positive attitude