About this role Core PM Team Core Portfolio Management (CorePM) team is responsible for managing Blackrock’s portfolios covering a wide variety of investment styles and product types. CorePM ensures that clients’ portfolios meet their investment objectives and are managed in a consistent and risk-controlled manner.
About this role
Core PM Team
Core Portfolio Management (CorePM) team is responsible for managing Blackrock’s portfolios covering a wide variety of investment styles and product types. CorePM ensures that clients’ portfolios meet their investment objectives and are managed in a consistent and risk-controlled manner. We are currently looking for an Associate to join the team in Gurgaon, focused on Global Fixed Income (GFI) and Fundamental Active Equity (FAE) clients.
The GFI and FAE teams include over 700 investment professionals across the Americas, APAC and EMEA:
- The GFI platform brings together distinct, yet complementary businesses under one global structure. With a combined $1.45 trillion of AUM, GFI is comprised of Fundamental, Global Credit, Municipal, Model Based and Beta investment groups, covering both active and passive strategies.
- The FAE platform manages a full range of long only and hedge fund equity strategies that span the risk/return spectrum. FAE teams use a bottom-up, team-based, fundamental research process with a macro overlay. Individual security research is conducted within a sector and cluster driven framework to deliver investment ideas to a broad range of funds with different investment styles.
CorePM is responsible for delivering performance and continuing to evolve and improve their investment process so that future performance can be delivered.
- Day-to-day portfolio management activities including:
- Monitoring portfolio risk reports and performance, and investigating exceptions
- Ensure that client portfolios are invested in line with their investment objectives and risk targets
- Manage Cash and FX exposures on portfolios
- Manage Derivative lifecycle events for futures, FX forwards and option positions
- Engaging with trade planning, post trade processing, and trade queries
- Ensure smooth on-boarding process and account activation for all new mandates
- Perform ad-hoc portfolio analysis and design for senior portfolio managers and strategists
- Maintain and develop knowledge of the broader regulatory framework and landscape that impacts client portfolios and trading of certain instruments
- Drive innovation projects to redesign and optimize the current investment process
- Partner with internal stakeholders across the organization to achieve the above
We are looking for people who are:
Accountable: You feel personal ownership for the work you do and an aspiration to be better
Exacting: “Good enough” is simply not good enough
Curious: You like to learn new things and are happy to challenge the status quo
Empathetic: You have an uncanny ability to “put yourself in others’ shoes”
Experimental: You make mistakes, but learn from them
Finishers: You drive things to completion
Intellectual: You want to outsmart the problem
Knowledge / Experience
- Minimum of 3 years (Associate) / 0 - 2 years (Analyst) of financial services or asset management experience
- Good understanding of financial markets, statistics, institutions and institutional investment strategies
- Interest in portfolio and risk management. Exceptional attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity, with a genuine inclination for quantitative analysis
- High level of integrity to become a trusted partner to clients and peers
Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Progress toward CFA and/or CAIA a plus
- Demonstrated record of academic achievement, work ethic, and leadership
- Strong problem-solving & analytical skills; basic coding skills required (e.g., VBA, Python, R, Matlab)
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with diligent attention to detail
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Blog: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.