About this role Job Purpose/Background: The Financial Modeling Group (FMG) is responsible for the research and development of financial models underpinning the risk management analytics produced at BlackRock. The group also contributes to the infrastructure and software responsible for the production of analytics and the
About this role
The Financial Modeling Group (FMG) is responsible for the research and development of financial models underpinning the risk management analytics produced at BlackRock. The group also contributes to the infrastructure and software responsible for the production of analytics and the delivery of analytic content to portfolio and risk management professionals both within and outside BlackRock. Given the diversity of business objectives among BlackRock Solutions clients and within BlackRock itself the models developed and supported by the Financial Modeling Group span a wide array of financial products, ranging from equity to fixed income to derivatives. In addition, members of FMG seek to provide analysis and insight on many various levels from analysis of the cash flows of a single bond to the overall financial risk associated with an entire portfolio, enterprise or balance sheet. Key Responsibilities:
- Model Infrastructure: Design APIs to provide clients with novel ways of using our models. Refactor existing analytical code to make it more modular and scalable.
- Quantitative Development: Expand product and market coverage to address evolving client needs by researching, implementing and rolling out new models and analytics.
- Analytical Support: Participate in meetings and calls with both internal and external clients in support of the BRS business.
- One BlackRock: Collaborate with and learn from colleagues in New York, Budapest and Gurgaon. Get exposure to the state of the practice as well as to groundbreaking academic research through regular colloquia.
- Thought Leadership: Keep abreast of recent trends in technology, quantitative finance, capital markets and regulation. Bring the latest techniques to bear on the problems we face in our day-to-day work.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or Computers Science from top tier institutes (IITs, BITs, top NITs, DCE and NSIT only).
- Exposure to an “industrial strength” C++(C++14 is plus): 5-7 years of prior experience of writing performant code is what we’re really after.
- Exposure to CMake and Python is desirable
- Exposure to Perl and SQL is a plus.
- A real passion for Programming: Programming is at the heart of everything we do.
- An Analytical Cast of Mind: Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Superb Interpersonal Skills: You will be expected to explain complex concepts to non-technical people in simple, intuitive terms.
- Exposure to investment banking and finance domain is desirable.
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/us/individual | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.